got no money for protein powders

manong

just as the topic says, i got no money to purchase any type of protein powders
crazy.gif
hehe..so what i do is put into the blender 6 large eggs (2 yolks), 2 tablespoons of non-fat milk, and 1 tablespoon honey..

what else can i add or change for the ultimate post-workout protein drink for the ultimate cheapskate?
tounge.gif
do i add oatmeal or something else? :confused:

Your mix doesn't sound bad at all. Just plain ol' milk is also an excellent choice as it is about 50% casein.

i think protein is actually pretty cheap compared to normal foods. at bulknutrition you can get a 10lb bag of optimum 100% whey for $46.99 That's 155 servings at 23 grams protein per serving. if you become less cheap sometime you can try the hsn proteins which are a little more expensive, but better quality
tounge.gif

I would skip the blender and just whip up 6-9 scrambled eggs. Wash it down with some skim milk. Eggs are cheap. Milk is cheap.
thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for the replies!
thumbs-up.gif

Well, here in the Philippines, bodybuilding hasn't acheived its popularity yet. In fact, every fitness instructor i've met preaches that muscle growth happens by lifting to failure the same muscle 3 times a week :mad: They would just be telling you that buying supplements is the key to acheiving muscle growth. However, they just tell their members that every supplement "helps the muscles grow". It is really pathetic that they try to sell these supplements without knowing how it helps in muscle growth. They just prescribe every dang supplement they have on their shelf. In addition, I have never met any trainer mentioning that diet is the key. :mad:

Since fitness is not the lifestyle of most filipinos, health foods are also expensive, especially protein powders. You said that 10lb of optimum is 46.99. Well, that price would only get you 5 lb of optimum over here
sad.gif
(ordering from the net would only add $30 for shipment :confused:). Even cottage cheese is very scarce here. In fact, there is only one brand available in the market which costs around $1 per cup. This is very expensive for a country whose minimum wage is only $3/day.
dozingoff.gif

I guess you wouldn't be seeing any bulky Filipino's competing in international competitions compared to other Asian countries..hehe
tounge.gif

hey manong

i'm also from the Philippines although i'm not looking to compete in any bodybuilding competitions here as my goals are not on the track of bodybuilding

I know what you're talking about... protein powders here are not cheap...but then there are other options:

1) You can buy the local whey protein from Base6ix
or
2) buy the imported whey protein powders from contacts...i have mine who just graduated from my school (Ateneo). He doesn't charge as much as commercial shops do and the cost of 10lbs of ON whey in the states is almost the same here.

if you're interested just email me...i'll give you the contact number and his yahoogroup so you can inquire about the products that he is importing :)

Back