Help me with pre post w/o

You can look at some of these different books as well as the abstracts in the Protocols section of LEF, for referances.

Scientific Validation of Herbal Remedies.
Mowrey D.
USA: Keats Publishing, 1990.

Herbal Tonic Therapies.
Mowrey D.
USA: Keats Publishing, 1993.

Herbal Medicine.
Weiss R.F.
Gothenburg: AB Arcanum, 1988; Beaconsfield England: Beaconsfield Publishers, 1988.

The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide to the Curative Power of Mature's Medicines.
Castleman M.
Sheldon Sault Hendler.

I would also recommend the book "Healing with whole foods" Paul Pitchford 3rd ed.

I think that what Aaron is looking for, is references substantiating the following claims:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If you are having intestinal problems for most people in the western world it comes from eating the wrong types of foods (basically dead foods, anything cooked)

Are there specific studies associating cooked foods with intestinal problems ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Most problems are associated with food allergies that people do not know they have because they cannot feel what their body is telling them because of the excess fecal matter deposited on the inside of their intestinal tract. The average American is carrying around 10lbs of the extra stuff

Are there specific epidemiological studies proving that the average American carries 10 lbs of "extra fecal matter" ?

The books you mentioned seem to be books about herbal remedies. It is well known that several herbs have laxative properties, but this doesn't prove the above statements.

Specific studies via NIH or universities I have not come across, I know that with a book I recently read by Shirley Mason M.D. she has many referances to specific studies dealing with this, but a friend currently has the book and I can check the referances when I get it back.

The above quotes I pulled from a book called "Maxamize your Metabolism" by Christopher Guerriero. on page 36 "When the human body is given the wrong foods on a regular baisis, certain undersirable "matter" tends to build up on the walls of the colon. If this matter is allowed to remain, it ferments, and the fermentation may cause odors to emanante from either the skin or the mouth. According to William T. Tiller, M.D., president of the International Associateion for Colon Hydrotherapy, waste material accumulates in the colon, and then it breaks down and becomes tozic. Waste particles are "toxic," in the sense that they are inflammatory allergic reactions, often resulting in one or another of a vaiety of disorders."

The food allergies I pulled from "Eat Right for you Blood Type" by Dr. D'Adamo.

The 10 pounds of waste is a number that I put out because that is how much weight I lost when I went through the cleanse, while my strength, and body fat % stayed the same. So it really has no scientific evidence for the exact number, though you would be amazed at the amount that most people are carrying around!

I hope that clears things up. :)

THats basically it mimic

also this one
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The average American is carrying around 10lbs of the extra stuff.

References from a book are not good, neither are quotes from "International Associateion for Colon Hydrotherapy"

Peer reviewed research (as is available from pubmed) is the best, especailly when critically analysed.

There is no 10lb of waste going toxic in the bowel (thats as good as the oild one that meat goes toxic and sits in the bowel). There is no evidence for a blood type diet.

While I sound negative towards the concept, Im not, I just prefer things to have an evidence base before they are stated as 'fact'

I am aware of PUBMED as I use it all the time for research papers, but I have not looked for any studies on the subject we are talking about. The original message was based on information I had read from individuals I trusted, just the same as if I had put up a news article.

I will leave my original message up because I feel it is a valid message that people should evaluate on a personal basis and definitly talk to your doctor before trying (I did). For me it has solved many problems just as blood type eating does for many as well (check out Charles Poliquin's website for other lifting enthusiast that have found it helps). My intention was not to mislead anybody. :)

Back