Help: Progressive Load, how to increase little weight?

bjorn

Hello,

I'm a newbie now training for 7-8 months and came across the HST method what made quite an impression to me. I understand the principles and want to start with the basic 3x/week full body.

I found out my maxes at 15-10-5 reps, but now i have a problem with the progressive load.. I want to start at 75% of my max 1st training, adding 5% every training. I got 2 exercises where i don't have enough weight to do this becouse of the weight steps in my gym.

For example the biceps curl: for 15 reps i use 10kg of weight, i can change this with at least 2.5kg. There is no possible way to increase this every training for 2 weeks.
Now i was thinking about what should be the best? I thought about starting at 5kg the first 2 days, increase with 2.5 for the next 2 days en than to 10. Therefor i will start at 50% of my max and i'm not sure if this will have any effect.. Or should i just start at 7.5kg for 3 days and the last 3 10kg?

I would like to hear your vission on this and maybe you all have some other ideas how i can make this work..

Just repeat the loads you are using. 7.5, 7.5, 7.5, 10, 10, 10

Or since I'm assuming you are doing a dumbbell curl, pick an exercise for biceps where you an use more weight i.e. barbell curls instead of dumbbells. This makes progression easier.

Back