Help to HST diett

It's not that hard for me. My body seems to handle and digest fats just fine. Actually, over-consuming carbs is what I tend have a problem with. Only in that I feel a lot fuller and sometimes even bloated when I eat a lot of carbs. But even then, we are talking like a massive amount of carbs for that to be a problem.

Not sure if the source of the fats would be the problem for you? The main type of meat I consume is beef which is plentiful in fat. I also make a lot of my own foods at home so that I have more control over their nutrient profile. I even make my own mayonnaise and other things like that. I think getting your fats from whole foods and not from processed stuff helps a lot but then again, I don't really know. It seems to be the case with me though. Like with mayo, when I make it, I know it only has like four or five things in it instead of the huge laundry list of ingredients in store bought mayonnaise.
I just eat what I need to and haven't really ever thought much about whether it was a lot of fat or not. I do know that getting below certain level of fat in my diet causes problems. It seems like when I cut fat back, my joints start to complain a lot.

I don't stomach a lot of fats well - that might be my stomach being unaccustomed to them in any large quantity for about 12yrs now. Whether it's heavily saturated or even just animal fats from meat.

Do you ever reach your calorie intake using junk food, just to get there? You're only about 2k short of what Phelps takes on a daily basis.

I used to eat a lot of fast food, junk food and stuff like that to get to my calorie total, but I don't anymore. One thing my stomach doesn't seem to tolerate is fast food. When I was moving at the end of July, I had to survive on Mcdonalds and Burger King for a few days and it was horrible, my stomach was revolting. I do enjoy making cheese cakes and eating those, and my cakes can get very calorie dense. But they are so good...
I used to drink soft drinks to get the total up but now I just have tea with sugar and cream in it, it ends up about the same. I also use powdered gatorade and drink that throughout my workouts, one shaker of that during my workout usually adds at least a few hundred calories to my total. Combined with my preworkout shake which is a couple cups of powdered milk and two scoops of whey, then the shake I have an hour or so after my workout, that can put 1000 calories into my daily total right there.
But honestly, after several years of eating so much, I've pretty much gotten used to it and can easily consume meals of 3000 calories or something more in one sitting. I definitely don't eat the typical bro-clean diet though. Like I said, I love beef. I make a lot of different dishes based around beef that are pretty calorie dense. Not sure I could eat that much if I was just eating chicken, broccoli and rice all the time. Or whatever they consider eating clean these days.

My opinion about eating is that you need to train your body to eat just like you train your body to handle weights. Your body eventually will adapt to higher calorie intakes so that it gets easier to eat larger meals.

But anyway... about the fats thing... I only recommend that percentage of fats because of the evidence that it will improve testosterone. I'm sure you could go lower without any real problem. I firmly believe that carbs and protein are the key players in building muscle. Not suggesting that fat is unimportant, but I do think that many people place too much importance on protein intake and not nearly enough on carbs. Without enough carbs, it is very difficult to build more muscle and increase strength. The real game changer for me was when I finally realized how important carbs were. Believe it or not, fat used to make up a larger percentage of my diet than it does now.

Back