How much alcohol you drink a week???

Well, I am an atheist and I drink 10 liters of beer a year. This occurs within 3 days during the second week of Octoberfest.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Sep. 14 2007,05:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Well, I am an atheist and I drink 10 liters of beer a year. This occurs within 3 days during the second week of Octoberfest.</div>
Is Octoberfest some sort of atheist holiday...?
rock.gif

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Sep. 14 2007,16:12)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(drpierredebs @ Sep. 14 2007,05:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Well, I am an atheist and I drink 10 liters of beer a year. This occurs within 3 days during the second week of Octoberfest.</div>
Is Octoberfest some sort of atheist holiday...?
rock.gif
</div>
There were one or two references to religion and god in this thread, so I thought it appropriate to state...&quot;I am an atheist&quot; but of course Octoberfest is an atheist holiday, as it is a jewish, christian, buddhist or whatever holiday. Religious beliefs, or lack thereof, have nothing to do with the effects of alcohol consumption.

I don´t like the day after of being drunk, so I avoid alcohol.

Oh, fer cryin' out loud, why does this thing keep popping up in the new posts?
Anyway, the Bible says not to be drunk, it does not say to abstain from drinking. Peter took a little wine for his stomach, and jewish custom or tradition includes wine with meals...but I never saw nor heard of a practicing jew in AA (I used to go). They don't use it for partying nor should BB'ers if you want maximum health. And as the unbelieving doctor mentioned, it's a physical issue, not a religious one.
There. You got a new post with a new post in it.
wow.gif

When this poll came out, I was one of the three people who answered 25+ drinks a week. I am now closer to 4-6 per week.

Wow... Great thread. Funny when it came out I was probably drunk off my goard!
At 29 Ive had about ten years with beer. I dont really drink wine and avoid hard-a with out hesitation no matter who bought what for me! LOL
At first I was hesitant to read this simply because I know I drink too much beer to really be considered 'normal'. How much? Well it varies greatly, which is good to say because it didnt used to! I was at a point within the last two years where I would down an 18 pack of budlight in a night with out a second glance. And yes it took its toll. I fucked up possibly the most perfect relationship I could ever have *sigh* and it thru me into depression and anxiety. Funny thing, the whole time I knew what was happening and why I was feeling the way I was. My priorities were all screwed up.
My Dad told me something years ago when he saw me diving head first into hell. What he said made total sense too. Growing up I remember being a good boy and grabbing him a beer at night when I saw he was done with the one in hand. That was normal. Finally he said to me: 'One day I woke up and was tired of feeling like **** all day long!' Simple but so very true.
I still drink but I find when I train and get in the 'mindset' of training that I dont want any beer. And when I do I feel really 'icky'! LOL I know it hampers my gains or losses and that in turn will piss me off to the point where I dig deeper to get what I really want!
It a progressive thing, I slow down at first, then more, and more. And finally my drinking buddies are calling me a light weight! LOL Music to my ears!
I just started training again this last month. With a nasty cold and other adversities in the way Im proud to say my training mentality is back and its strong. I have plenty of work ahead of me. I have my short, medium, and long terms goals set and my plans to get there.
I would be happy to get into further detail upon request. My past has shown that I can make great gains following HST while still drinking. Ive run the full gambit, Ive trained natural with out booze, Ive done it with booze. Ive trained on juice and the sauce. Ive done so when I was young (18-24) and as until recently (27-29). I have training logs for the last five years (previous to that time I left in Oregon
sad.gif
) Feel free to ask away and Ill answer to the limit of my ability.
smile.gif

Sphinx

Always remember that others want to drag you down into the hole that they're in: misery loves company and every comic has a sad background.
OTOH, when we have something good going for us, we love to bring others up to it: I've never missed drinking since I quit about 20 years ago...and the process of becoming an alcoholic is slow and sneaky...you always think you're in control, especially if you don't drink all the time.
As for BB'ing, we posted the info on that - it's just not good, regardless of your age or recovery abilities. But it's still your choice, pro or con.

<div>
(quadancer @ Feb. 07 2008,19:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Always remember that others want to drag you down into the hole that they're in: misery loves company and every comic has a sad background.
OTOH, when we have something good going for us, we love to bring others up to it: I've never missed drinking since I quit about 20 years ago...and the process of becoming an alcoholic is slow and sneaky...you always think you're in control, especially if you don't drink all the time.
As for BB'ing, we posted the info on that - it's just not good, regardless of your age or recovery abilities. But it's still your choice, pro or con.</div>
I used to drink a case of beer -- 24 bottles -- every week day. On weekends I would drink a fifth of bourbon. Eventually I had to decide to put my life in order.

July 8 will make it 20 years since I have had a drink.

Wow! Same for me...with &quot;Southern Comfort&quot; on the weekends to help me get a &quot;real&quot; buzz...and I can't say the day, as it things were all fuzzy back then, but I woke up in jail after fighting the cops about 20 years ago and haven't had a drop since! We have a lot of bad things in common. Or had.

I fot da law and da law won...
blush.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ Feb. 05 2008,15:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">When this poll came out, I was one of the three people who answered 25+ drinks a week. I am now closer to 4-6 per week.</div>
BTW, my priorities were out of order but it seemed to change when my school load got tough and I met the love of my life. Nevertheless, I am not the binge drinking party kid at college. I cringe when I see cheap booze, and I enjoy drinking socially.

It's good to hear some of you guys whom have alcoholism related problems went sober, and have been enjoying your life ever since! Congrats!

Back