How much muscle?

Discussion in 'General Training' started by Mart, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Mart

Mart New Member

I'm not expecting to put on 20lbs of muscle in a month, just after a very general guide for something to aim for or expect.

Why? well I think if I knew how much to expect,1 to 2 lbs a month?, what ever it is, then I can just accept it and will have a rough idea of how long it will take to reach my goals.

So the big question (two actually):
    1) How much muscle can you put on in a month?
    2) Is muscle gain equal to fat gain? (read something about p:ratio...?)

I read an article on T-Nation website sating it was around 2lbs per month or 0.5lbs per week, but then I read a post on here about the partitioning ratio or p:ratio... so would that mean you could aim for say 3/4lbs gain of WEIGHT, which would consist of around say 1.5/2lbs of muscle and the same of fat?

Like I say, not expecting huge amounts and I know it varies and also is effected by diet, time training, age etc. But in general, assuming your using the HST principles and have a good diet, how much muscle and weight could you aim to put on each month?

I'm 160lbs at 10%BF, my goal is around 190lbs at 8%BF (I'm 6"2 so tall and skinny right now), so that's about 30lbs of muscle to put on... I read in an article by Bryan that his conservative estimate that a natural could put on would be about 30-40lbs... but he didn't mention how long or how much per month...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  2. TheSeeker07

TheSeeker07 New Member

It depends....I gained 20lbs over the summer but that was because I could eat whenever and sleep whenever. Once school started back up I didn't gain too much because lack of time. It just depends.

3. LDU

LDU New Member

i aim to gain 1lb per week, my experience with a 99% clean diet is that i gain around 40% muscle, 50% fat and 10% is water weight gain.
    Thats wating about 500 calories over maintenance with macros of 40% Carbs, 40% Protein and 20% fat

4. aa7

aa7 New Member

5. Ambrose

Ambrose New Member

Really awesome read for specially those who want to gain weight and muscles,...Its great for me to gain my biceps size,...