How much Protein are you getting

• Thread starter imported_drpierredebs
  • Start date
Sounds like cycling coconut oil may be the way to make the most of it's fat burning properties.
smile.gif

Yeah, maybe that's partly what I needed to do. But I still believe that taking it along with 100g carbs in a shake isn't going to bode well, since the body will use the carbs first for energy. I suppose that if I did use it in shakes, I would need to use only a small amount. I tend to overdo things anyway.

Highjack: with the milk prices up so much here, my CC is up, our whey is up, and even meat has gone up a little, since the feed is being used for gasoline now.
I'm thinking maybe of adding in a part soy diet, or soy protein to the whey shakes to lower costs. I haven't done the math yet, but meat at bedtime might be cheaper than CC now! This is getting ridiculous: $3.80 - $4.20/gal. of milk!
In my recent return to lifting I've noticed my grocery bill go up - all due to milk.

Over here in the UK, milk is around $5 a gallon at the current exchange rate. It's still cheap compared to our meat and egg prices. How does $10 for a few chicken breasts grab you (and that was a special offer!)?
wow.gif

I know this thread is kinda old but I just wanted to say that I personally wouldn't use any soy powders. They use petroleum derivatives to get the protein separated from the fat of the bean. You're basically pouring petroleum chemicals into your shake.

Of course they don't tell you this, you have to stumble upon such info after being a vegetarian for over a year.
laugh.gif

<div>
(The Long Run @ Mar. 17 2008,11:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just wanted to say that I personally wouldn't use any soy powders. They use petroleum derivatives to get the protein separated from the fat of the bean. You're basically pouring petroleum chemicals into your shake.</div>
Oh, come on! Haven't you ever heard of &quot;No Blood for Oil&quot;...?
wink.gif

<div>
(Lol @ Oct. 11 2007,11:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Over here in the UK, milk is around $5 a gallon at the current exchange rate. It's still cheap compared to our meat and egg prices. How does $10 for a few chicken breasts grab you (and that was a special offer!)?  
wow.gif
</div>
How does 16-19$ for 1kg of chicken breasts sound? That's the reality at my local swedish supermarket. On the other hand, milk and eggs are still pretty cheap, even though milk is rising quickly too. Still cheaper than bottled water though, so who can complain? Aint easy being a lifting student at the moment.

Back