HSN Primer/Driver

avian

Does anyone use hsn Primer/Driver as Bryan recomends (whey pre and casein/egg post)?

Everybody i know seens to get pretty good results with whey pwo (including myself) and i want to know if anyone has gotten better results from HSN products.

And also, if im going with Driver/Primer (not the MRPs tho, kind of expensive), what kind of carbs should i add? When?

One last question, why is creatine good in a HST program, if the main gains with creatine are strengh and you really not supposed to give all you can @ all your workouts?

I've tried Primer, I think its an excellent product. I dont know if you're going to get any better results with HSN over another protein brand, unless that protein is mislabeled or underdosed.

I use Primer and Driver because I trust Bryan not to put junk in them. That alone is worth it to me.

Please note that there is nothing magic about Primer and Driver. All I promise is that the ingredients used are of the highest quality.

I have been using protein powders since the late 70's and believe you me, I have drank some pretty questionable products labeled as protein. :D

Some 25 years later when I decided that I might do some good offering protein products to lifters, I had only one "pitch" in mind, and that was and is quality. Nothing magic, nothing that "feels like deca", just quality you can trust from someone you actually know and can contact if you have questions. The only other thing I require is that there be research demonstrating that a person will get some benefit from using the product under real world conditions; nothing theoretical, nothing pseudoscientific, no made up names that sound like drugs, just simple formulas with a predictable benefit to the lifter.

Any other claims about HSN products being anything but high quality with a proven track record are myth and/or hyperbole.

I recommend the Plus, great stuff and mixes well. Makes a good frozen treat as well, see my recipe in the Diet and Nutrition section.

Also Bryan if your supplier ever messes up driver again and you come up with another fluffy, it makes a great pudding mix
thumbs-up.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (avian @ Mar. 16 2005,11:21)]And also, if im going with Driver/Primer (not the MRPs tho, kind of expensive)...
I'm working on getting the price down on the MRPs. I think with a change in distribution strategy we can bring the prices down considerably.

I use the 'MuRP's and its really smooth...well the driver+ needs a bit of swishing towards the end or some extra water to get everything outa the bottom! LOL
I like the idea so much I have started adding plain oatmeal and oat bran to my morning shake! Mucho' convience! Lesson learned,,,grind the oats and stuff BEFORE adding any liquid! LOL
Price dropping? NICE! Ill double up my order! Im a MuRP whore, not enuf time in a day.
Sphinx.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ Mar. 16 2005,8:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (avian @ Mar. 16 2005,11:21)]And also, if im going with Driver/Primer (not the MRPs tho, kind of expensive)...
I'm working on getting the price down on the MRPs. I think with a change in distribution strategy we can bring the prices down considerably.
Thanks for all the help, i do trust all your products, but ive always heard that whey should be taken pwo and casein should be avoided, i was just wandering what kind of results people got from using whey pre & casien post.

Thanks anyway.

Btw what kind of carb should i take pre&post workout in my protein shakes?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Thanks for all the help, i do trust all your products, but ive always heard that whey should be taken pwo and casein should be avoided

A popular myth. PWO and before you go to bed is the perfect time for a slow digesting protein. Casein can take up to 7 hours to be digested.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ Mar. 16 2005,8:05)]Also Bryan if your supplier ever messes up driver again and you come up with another fluffy, it makes a great pudding mix
thumbs-up.gif
Ha, I made "Fluffy Driver pudding" by mixing it with plain yougurt
thumbs-up.gif

Still using it :)

Easy to drop my cash into Bryan's pocket before dropping it into the pockets of folks with more questionable reputations and backgrounds on the net.

Dextrose, Maltodextrin, sugar, honey.
Try about 30+ Grams pre and post(or just eat some higher GI foods(pasta, rice) within an hour post WO).

I have been using Primer and Driver almost as long as I have been a member of the forum. I love the Driver+ because I can drink it anytime I need a quick meal and I love the taste. I use regular old Primer for my pre-workout shake and only use it on the days I train, so it lasts me a little while.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIZ @ Mar. 24 2005,6:58)]I have been using Primer and Driver almost as long as I have been a member of the forum.  I love the Driver+ because I can drink it anytime I need a quick meal and I love the taste.  I use regular old Primer for my pre-workout shake and only use it on the days I train, so it lasts me a little while.
Imediatly pre-wo?

I perchase my supplements from supplement central. There prices are better than 1 fast 400 and bodybuilding.com. And the best whey protien I have perchased is ON. Mind you though, this is before I found this web site thanks to bulk nutriton sending me a thin booklet that had an artical about HST.

Back