HST & active lifestyles

supergaijin

In a bit of a pickle- Here in Nagano, Japan it has been dumping snow and I'm out in it every weekend. In additon I'll be up in the mountains every Fri, Sat and Sun during the month of February.
Today I start my 2 weeks of tens (1st cycle).
So on about the 4th workout of 10s (3x week), I'll only be able to go to the gym on a Mon,Tue,Wed or Thurs. The long weekends will be spent either snowboarding or hiking in order to do more snowboarding.
My issues include not having quality rest on the weekend (boarding) and not being able to get to the gym for up to 72hrs. Unfortunately my gym closes every Sunday so there's no chance of coming down from the mountain earlier to hit some weights.
The upside is that I'm fairly new to lifting (I've trained in the past but have only been back in the gym around 6 months) and wouldn't put myself in the hardgainer catergory, so pretty much any gym time will be beneficial time methinks.
So far, I've noticed a fuller thigh and have achieved my maxes in 15's easier compared to I sussed my maxes a month ago. I've also been on protein and creatine throughout the 15's- (breaking from creatine through the 10's- back on in the 5's) so this may explain the strength increase however I'd like to say that it's from the program.
Anyway, i'm hoping someone out there who has juggled an HST cycle around quite intense extended weeknds of physical activity could offer some advice on how best to minimise the detrimental effects to my 1st HST cycle. Yoroshiku-ne
worship.gif

Unless you want to become a professional body builder, don't worry about it. Life a full and active life and fit your workouts into your lifestyle; don't try and fit your life into workout schedules.

Sage advice.

From what I've read in these forums- HST philosophy is to train at least 3 times over the week.

At this stage- I think i will try twice a week. Mon and Wed. Boarding Fri, Sat and I usually just do a half day Sunday unless it has been dumping.

Today is Thursday and I hiked a hill called Nekodake 3 times with my buddy- good times but I'm absolutely poked. My legs and lower back especially. Too much fun though. Tomorrow I'm on my second workout in the tens. Dunno- perhaps drop some exercises?

In order of lift, I squat, benchpress, SLDL, Chins, calves, 1arm row, Arnie press and finish with BBcurls (can't resist the pump!)

I guess it's an impossible question but I'm just trying to minimise the detrimental effects to the cycle. Perhaps stuff some dumbells in the pack and take them up the mountain. ;)

Well, since you said that you can work out on Mon, Tue, Wed and Thur, I would just do it Mon, Wed and Thurs, instead of Mon, Wed and Fri.

Back