Hst And Shoulders

I tend to have very good chest, shoulder, back development. These have always been my strength (ha, ha), so I have been at the point where I do not really want them to grow any more anyway. Lots of shirts no longer fit and wife says I am too big, yadda, yadda, yadda...

It is interesting that older guys who have been lifting for a number of years mostly talk about shoulder issues. If you look up Frank Zane, he talks about it and wishes now that he never lifted with such heavy weight. Arnold talked about shoulder issues in an interview and said he stopped doing the big bench presses some time ago.

Personally (and I may be wrong), I feel that shoulder issues can be a result of going hard and heavy when we are younger and the body is MUCH more forgiving than it is now. I feel this is how it is in my case. If I knew the things and technique that I do now, I dare say that my shoulders would have fared a lot better.

I was always dubious of face pulls, but have now come to favor them high on the list of my favorite exercises. I can go quite heavy with them and my shoulders feel fantastic after completing the movement. I feel that with bench, rowing, face pulls and lateral raises, this is enough for me to keep my shoulders in good form.

I will be making an appointment with a physical therapist in the coming months to get an opinion too.

Back