huge triceps from close grip bench

I

imported_fire

My medial head is has grown huge with hst(phsyiotherpist was like wow thats overdeveloped) compared to the long and lateral heads , Ive been doing close grip bench press as my tricep exercise.
I was wondering if this was a sign that my body responds well to volume? -- as i do wide grip dips for chest that while they get the chest and i lean foward as much as possible i can feel the tris working too as i can with the bench press.
I thought the close grip bench press was a good compound exercise for the tris but would narrow grip dips be better? -- or does anyone have a suggestion for a exercise that targets the long and lateral heads better?

I don't have the book so I can't tell you which exercises emphasize just the long and lateral heads, but I do remember reading in "Muscle meets Magnet" by Tesch (he's the guy who did MRI studies on muscles during various exercises), French presses (skull crushers) on a slight decline strongly activiate all the heads of triceps. Similarly, overhead dumbbell (but not barbell) extensions also activate all three heads strongly.

Thanks I'll switch to decline french press see what happens. That book sounds good ."List price: $19.95
Availability: Out of Print--Limited Availability
Used Price: $191.64"
buy for 20 sell for 200 wish i had a few.

Tesch says all three heads show marked involvement with dips(bench or dip bar), decline extensions, rope pd, overhead db extension, and rev grip push downs.

Fire

Good going dude!

Let us get you some balance:

Dips close grip - all there heads
Skull crucshers or d/b incline extension - all three heads

I think IMO that these two above will definitely get the medial head very much involved.

Close grip bench - More so the long and lateral heads, which means that probably the inbalance came from the dips (wide grip)

To get the long head involved you'd need the pushdowns or triceps extension.

Meanwhile have a look here, there is a wide variety and also muscle maps so, it will definitely help to make up your mind.

Tricep exercises

Hope this helps.

Back