I am not feeling sore anymore!!!

I am doing a 6 day routine workout. I am on my 5 reps with drop sets. I dont feel sore at all. Is that good or bad? I just take the normal HST and split it in half

Also, I did 6 days because people told me that it is better for growth, high frequency. But now somepeople tell me its bad. Which is it?

Hey funguy :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I am doing a 6 day routine workout. I am on my 5 reps with drop sets. I dont feel sore at all. Is that good or bad? I just take the normal HST and split it in half

DOMS isn't the macdaddy of muscle growth, so don't worry too much about it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, I did 6 days because people told me that it is better for growth, high frequency. But now some people tell me its bad. Which is it?

As long as you don't overtrain and you eat enough for whatever type of training you do, you are okay. You'll be successful with 3x, or 6x a week split training, or whatever kind of high frequency you do.

Regards,
-JV

Funguy

Fear not

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But now some people tell me its bad.

They are wrong, as JV puts it, if you have enough "gas" that should not be a problem.

I know that what some of us said was that it would work better to do 3 x /week 2 x /day.

But there is a whole lot of guys doing 6 x week and doing it well.

Hey...pain is not an indicator, dude!
butbut.gif

Are you pushing to the required poundage, getting to the required reps...if so the rest is not important, maybe you could look at a fullness, a pump (if you would) in the muscles and a kind of inflated feeling while the blood is engorged in the muscle, which subsides slightly the day after or even a little later, that is it.

Yah, you may get some pain, but you should not be looking for it...I know...I know...it is a sad case with most of us...from bad information we got before and being somewhat brain washed with it 'cause it made sense
sneaky2.gif

Well, welcome to HST...a pleasent surprise, I'd say...fear not and look not for the pain...
crazy.gif

I can only confirm what jv and fausto said...

Soreness is not an indicator of good training/muscle growth... It might, but it's not the holy grail.

I have stopped trying to argue with people when they come up to me proudly and say "ooow man, last week I trained legs like nuts, and I was sore like for 6 days" or "dang, this training scheme sucks, I'm not sore at all"...

(btw, hello again :))

Back