Johnston Rep Method

cli·ni·cian (kl -n sh n)
n.

1. A health professional, such as a physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, or nurse, involved in clinical practice, as distinguished from one specializing in research.

2. A health professional who practices at a clinic.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Psychologists and nurses are not MD's - the point is; A Health Professional, as per a IART certified "Fitness Clinician".

The IART as Published by:

ASEP, The official research Journal of the American Society of Exercise Physiologists/ www.asep.org (have a look at their review board)

http://exercisecertification.com/article....ent.pdf

http://exercisecertification.com/articles/JAF/fatigueROM.pdf

The IART as accredited through:

FSC, http://www.fitnessstandards.org/ whose advisory panel consists of: several experienced and highly knowledgeable and respected individuals in the fitness and wellness community, including Matt Brzcyki (Princeton University), Ellington Darden, Ph.D., Jacqueline Carter (California State University), Dr. Robert Kudlak, M.D., Dave Smith, Ph.D. (Chester College of Higher Education), and Kevin Fontaine, Ph.D. (Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine).

ICAA, http://www.icaa.cc/ whose advisory board consists of:

http://www.icaa.cc/advisoryboard.htm

The IART who is a provisional affiliate of: "The National Board of Fitness Examiners" http://www.nbfe.org/ whose examiners, fellows and trustees consist of: http://www.nbfe.org/about/

The IART, which maintains the: "Fitness Logistics and Testing Center"
http://exercisecertification.com/departments/fitnesslogistics.html

And has recently begun conducting and publishing interesting research: http://exercisecertification.com/departments/JAF.html

The advisory board consisting of: http://exercisecertification.com/departments/JAF%20Review%20Board.html

Regards,
Andrew

xtreme, why are you still posting? It's pretty obvious that Jester has totally and completely owned you with pretty much every reply he has made to you. This isn't even related to Jreps anymore, you're just trying to prove that you are old, and that you know everything about training because you were too stupid to do research and so you had to try every method before finding something that worked well.
Just because someone is young doesn't mean they are stupid and/or inexperienced, as you are quite clearly implying. Heck, I'm only 25, born in 1980. I guess I must be half-retarded then too since Jester's young age apparently qualifies him for some kind of mental handicap. I guess that also explains why my gains have been so paltry, considering that, you know, I only have like 190 lbs of lean mass under 30 some pounds of fat. I'm essentially a beanpole.

Speaking for myself, I did research when I decided to get serious about exercising. Instead of simply finding methods and trying them to see which one worked, I did reading about everything I found to see what training methods made more sense, had solid science to back them up and continous results from the people who tried them.
That doesn't mean I'm less experienced/intelligent than you, it just means that I decided to rely on the knowledge of others to take a shortcut. Oh wait, isn't relying on the knowledge of others exactly what you were telling Jester he needs to do?? Ouch for you.

I'm still baffled by your HST results. You said yourself that you were the same weight before and after your HST cycle, which clearly means that YOU are the one who doesn't have a grasp on anything, since you don't even know how to overeat.

But whatever, this is clearly getting out of hand, I guess I should be ashamed of myself for contributing... But that's okay, I'm basically a kid still, right? You, on the other hand, being an elderly man should know better than to stoop to such immature behavior.

"For your edification... did you know scientists still say bees can't possibly fly. Their aerodynamic make-up prevents it. Hmmm, then why do I see bees happily buzzing around? Guess someone forgot to tell them. "

Scientists never said they couldn't fly, they just weren't sure how they maintained lift.

However, they've since gotten a much better handle on it.

I agree with your point about the relevence of genetics, but some of the anti-science "people in a labcoat removed from reality" stuff is pretty stupid.

This thread is kind of silly :\

It could have been interesting had certain parties (read: Johnston) chosen to actually discuss and respectfully debate their ideas. Instead of running away like scared little girls.

Just a thought.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (xtreme @ Jan. 21 2006,10:14)]Ok clown, errr Jester, I will try and enlighten you once again.
"Your 'JRep gains'...? Not a damned thing. Your ridiculous insinuation that you have significantly subpar genetics...it's a lil related."
:D You well and truly have no idea. I made the decision when I hit my teens I would change my life around, so I took my subpar genes and started weight training and martial arts. It was through my efforts I was able to become the biggest person in my family. Genetics I'm afraid DO count for something otherwise all the "wannabe" Arnold's would be walking around in abundance.
"This reflects that your parents didn't over-eat for their lifetime, and didn't spend a significant portion of it training to build muscle mass using an effective method. Your genetic base makes you human. If you had direct muscle-growing deficiencies, then you'd likely be dead (or you'd have a form of muscular dystrophy). So you have a slightly greater metabolism and need to eat more...I guess that makes you genetically-inferior or something..."
I never said I had "muscle-growing deficincies" I was just a sick, weak child. But I chose to change that, and have come a long way since then. I am far from possessing half the genetics Mentzer did - other people don't either - that is why there will only ever be one Mike or Ray Mentzer.
As your grasp of the role genetics play in ultimate size is hazy at best I will leave it at this. Enlighten yourself, it will do you the world of good when it comes to discovering a small cross section of the community has even a remote chance of coming close to becoming the next Arnold.
"Where is this evidence...?? Pictures, scientific backing, stats...where where where?"
Like I said, right here. I don't have to prove a dang thing to you, you are a kid. Like I said, I have forgotten more about training than you have ever learnt. I have trained 100's of people, all with great success I might add, so what point do I have to make to you?
"You have studies on your desk? Please post them."
Like I said, science is far from infallible and is based more on failures than successes. Do you truly think some scrawny guy in a lab coat can enlighten you as to how to build a 17" arm?
Even if he had the paperwork, without knowledge of the application it is only half the story. If you do then I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn, at a special rate for you of course, please send $50 monthly installments too...  
tounge.gif

<Btw, that is humour... you might want to look it up>
And NO I wasn't refering to Bryan in any way, shape, or form.
"Really.... please explain why we live longer, don't get scurvy, our teeth don't fall out, smallpox (as one of many diseases) has been eradicated, we are stronger and faster physically than in the last 40,000 years, the industrial revolution, the discovery and production of anti-biotics (in fact...seeing as you love war so much, go and talk to some WWII, Korea, Vietnam vets about this...hell talk to a retired GP about the kids he helped 3 decades ago), steroids/HgH/protein powders/creatine/power training/UD-2.0/etc, ultrasounds, anti-inflammatories...need I go on about the benefits and proven results of science..?"
Again, you missed my point. Science has come a long way in aiding our present living standards, BUT that doesn't mean the verdict is in on the ultimate way to build muscle (with all respects to Bryan). Opinions based, some better than others, on what is best, but spectulative at best with something so tangible as enhancing the growth process. Even Mentzer, with his vast clientelle of around 2000 clients, had to change routines to suite individual needs. I'm afraid people's responses to various details are far reaching and too complex to encase in a one size fits all training approach.
"No...his biceps grew bigger. They weren't 18inches at 8% bodyfat on Monday then a year later a different looking 18inches at 8% bodyfat. They...grew...bigger."
Of course they grew bigger but the extra height came about from stressing parts of the biceps over anothers. Like my quads, they were built up along the outside from years of kicking as a martial arts instructor... and it showed. Once I started squatting and built up the adductors, my quads were more balanced, functionally and visually.  
"I'm starting to re-evaluate my contention that you are not genetically inferior . . ."
Thanks but unfortunately that isn't the case, but I appreciate the compliment.
"I am not a genius. I am not implying anything close to that. I am telling you what genius' (or genii ??) have worked on and have credible (key word right there - ...credible) evidence supporting them."
And more strength to them! What I am telling you is I have lifted some weight in my lifetime and now when something is of value and when something isn't. And JReps, whether you refuse to listen and remain closed minded, work.
"I am also ridiculing BDJ/IART/JReps for being such a poorly marketed/presented program -> a prospective buyer asks qu's, and gets turned away with a threat of legal action. I wonder if Microsoft or American Express tried that approach.
I do have experience. I put on 10kgs without a change in bodyfat over the course of a year. In the last 3 months I've cut down on BF without losing any size in my arms, legs or chest. I've done this using HST and associated nutrition information."
I am happy for you, well done. Would it upset you to learn I once added 2kgs in 2 weeks on Darden's BIG routine? There have also been times I have added muscle WHILE losing fat, so I each bodypart was bigger though I was leaner. See what I am saying here, I have a fair idea what suites me - as I hope you will or have - so for you to downplay JReps - what this is all about - is futile at best. You haven't even tried them!
"Do I need 30years of trying everything that "doesn't work" to have a credible opinion..? Good God no. That would make my efforts terribly inefficient and an arguable waste of 3 decades...and as we're on the subject - I'm sorry for your useless years in the gym and all the approaches you used that didn't provide gains."
Where did I imply that? I trained on Heavy Duty virtually from the start of my training life, and I wouldn't say I spent "useless years in the gym". Not by a long shot! Heavy Duty has, and will always be my "home". I know it inside out and how to tweak it to my own personal needs.
"I don't need to try all these out. People older than me and wiser than me have already done the groundwork. That's the beauty of being my age."
Half your luck. Then why are you so down on something you haven't even attempted? Sounds like doubletalk to me.
"Maybe you SHOULD have questioned others - and then you wouldn't have wasted all of those long hours doing something that didn't work....are you actually proud that you spent so long doing everything the wrong/slow-way..?? If you've tried everything there is then surely you must realise that almost everything you've tried has not worked...because if it did, you wouldn't have ever moved on."
Again... and again... who said that? I have tried things that have worked while others haven't. That, my friend, is how we aquire knowledge and judgement of what suites us. Even Mike had to tweak Heavy Duty, a sound program, to suite himself, Ray, Dorian, and all his 2000 clients. What is your point?
Contrar, most of what I have done HAS WORKED! Why else would I be 104kgs with 17 1/4" arms?
"If you've moved onwards from HST (or more accurately the principles and concepts developed) then I pity you. You're walking away from scientifically and anecdotally sound methods."
I have full respect for Bryan and his system, that isn't the point, like I said Heavy Duty is home to me. It has served me well for close to three decades, to each his own.
"I'm not going to waste time on something that is;
a) Not even described to me in detail. Read through Bryan's HST-Intro pages and all the free info on this site. That at least provides me with a choice.
b) Has no credible evidence. For instance...get some proof that building muscle is related to the pump/fatigue sensation. A direct link. Just as there is a direct link between mechanical strain and microtrauma."
"Where have I shown that I do not have a "grasp on anything" ..? Quote me showing exactly that."
Firstly through your false beliefs about genetics for one. If you can't accept the genetics the average person has to what the pros possess are worlds apart... then I am afraid you haven't grasped the most important point of all. Forget all the false-claims of 20" arms like they are a dime a dozen... do you truly apprecaite how few of us possess even 18" arms?
"Where did I indicate that I am immature..? Younger than you? Yes...immature? No."
Again, your narrow-minded beliefs reflect your nievity. I once believed - whole heartedly - I could/would become a pro bodybuilder. But guess what, few if any of us truly can. That is a bitter pill to swallow but true regardless.
"You see...the key thing about humour is that what you say/do needs to be f-u-n-n-y. Do you need people contributing laughing-smileys...? ...nope, me neither."
I disagree, friends have written me stating it cracked them up. The fact you lack a sense of humour is your own shortcoming. And you call yourself "Jester"? I'd re-evaluate your username if I were you.
"Once again...you have failed to address my key point;
No credible scientific evidence has been produced to show that JReps - either the method or the logic of why they work - actually increase the amount of muscle (not glycogen retention, we're talking protein here) in a skeletal muscle.
Or why JReps are superior to any other method of training in well conditioned (lets say more than 5 years of consecutive training) lifters."
Oh sorry, so you are saying I, Brian, Andrew, Rick <the Mr. Canada competitor> and the people I interact with on a daily basis all can't be seeing what we are seeing with JReps?
laugh.gif
That is your funniest accusation yet! Wake up and smell the roses, the fact we are kinda hints that something is happening... don't ya think?
Let's see, between us we must have well over 8 decades or so of lifting - being conservative - so our 8 decades pales in comparison to your - what - one decade? Do you see how ludicrious you sound? You could show me a boat load of proof that JReps CAN'T WORK, but that doesn't prove a thing if I gain regardless.
Here is something that just came in that might be of interest to you... "Jreps kicks @$$ like nothing on earth! I have DOMS like nothing I've felt in a long time, I tried it with each
exercise, needless to say, it kicked my butt". Another "liar" no doubt?
For your edification... did you know scientists still say bees can't possibly fly. Their aerodynamic make-up prevents it. Hmmm, then why do I see bees happily buzzing around? Guess someone forgot to tell them.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You well and truly have no idea. I made the decision when I hit my teens I would change my life around, so I took my subpar genes and started weight training and martial arts. It was through my efforts I was able to become the biggest person in my family. Genetics I'm afraid DO count for something otherwise all the "wannabe" Arnold's would be walking around in abundance.

There ARE Arnold-wannabe's in abundance... go and look at every professional or high-mid ranked amateur bodybuilder who's in the 220lb+ size...it's not genetics that gave him size, it's steroids. How do I have no idea...? Prove to me that genetics - AND NOT improper/sub-optimal application of sound principles are the limiting factor in BB'ing (natural or assisted).

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I never said I had "muscle-growing deficincies" I was just a sick, weak child. But I chose to change that, and have come a long way since then. I am far from possessing half the genetics Mentzer did - other people don't either - that is why there will only ever be one Mike or Ray Mentzer.
As your grasp of the role genetics play in ultimate size is hazy at best I will leave it at this. Enlighten yourself, it will do you the world of good when it comes to discovering a small cross section of the community has even a remote chance of coming close to becoming the next Arnold.

Again.......move on from the dogma of 70s and 80s BB'ing culture. Btw...re: Mike & Ray... remember how they both dropped dead..?? Also re: Mike & Ray; Shawn Ray circa 91-96 had better proportions, as did early Flex...and they didn't have the obscene gut that Mike had @ his peak.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Like I said, right here. I don't have to prove a dang thing to you, you are a kid. Like I said, I have forgotten more about training than you have ever learnt. I have trained 100's of people, all with great success I might add, so what point do I have to make to you?

Yes...I'm younger than you. we've established this, I'm 4kgs lighter and an inch less on the guns. I'll be @ your size this time next year. Can you get over the age thing already..? Neuroses doesn't radiate respect.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Do you truly think some scrawny guy in a lab coat can enlighten you as to how to build a 17" arm?

Yes, the same way a car mechanic could construct an atomic bomb if you gave him the instructions. This website is essentially an instruction manual for building a muscular yet lean body. This is why my age is irrelevant. I can read and I have. Same applies for comprehension, learning and application.

What failures of science are you referring to..? Try your BB'ing without ANY supplementation for a year. No protein, EFAs, Creatine, Glucosamine, NOX, BCAAs or anything else.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Again, you missed my point. Science has come a long way in aiding our present living standards, BUT that doesn't mean the verdict is in on the ultimate way to build muscle (with all respects to Bryan). Opinions based, some better than others, on what is best, but spectulative at best with something so tangible as enhancing the growth process. Even Mentzer, with his vast clientelle of around 2000 clients, had to change routines to suite individual needs. I'm afraid people's responses to various details are far reaching and too complex to encase in a one size fits all training approach.

The verdict isn't in? Go and look at professional sports players. Anyone on an NFL team, Olympic lifters, basketballers (who don't want much muscle but if/when they need it they pack on 15-20lbs over a summer), sprint swimmers - Google for Michael Klim pictures, AFL and Rugby players.......the list goes on. And please note that these are also people performing excessive cardio work as well. Yes there are variations in exact routines (e.g. 3 or 5 or 8 reps, or bench vs. incline etc), but the PRINCIPLES remain intact.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Of course they grew bigger but the extra height came about from stressing parts of the biceps over anothers. Like my quads, they were built up along the outside from years of kicking as a martial arts instructor... and it showed. Once I started squatting and built up the adductors, my quads were more balanced, functionally and visually.

a) They grew bigger. There's your height. Get a balloon and blow into it. It grows B-I-G-G-E-R, and as a result it has extra height.

b) Your quads are misleadingly referred to as a single muscle. There's actually four - hence, quads. Your outer thigh muscles were trained rather than inner. So they were bigger. Duh. And bigger meant more visible size. Duh. And hence a more visible shape. Duh.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
And more strength to them! What I am telling you is I have lifted some weight in my lifetime and now when something is of value and when something isn't. And JReps, whether you refuse to listen and remain closed minded, work.

Where are you being lost...? This is a a very simple point. I am not refusing to listen/see. No one has shown me anything to listen or see. That's the point. "JReps work" is not evidence or enticement. It's subjective analysis, borderline speculation. I have been asking since the start of our discussion for ANYTHING to listen/see...but I am not going to pay for something on the basis of "JReps work".

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Where did I imply that? I trained on Heavy Duty virtually from the start of my training life, and I wouldn't say I spent "useless years in the gym". Not by a long shot! Heavy Duty has, and will always be my "home". I know it inside out and how to tweak it to my own personal needs.

Where..? All over your immature rant about your 30yrs of training and what you've tried and how you know what works and what doesn't....how would you possibly know unless you had failed in some of your BB'ing pursuits (routines/programs).

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Half your luck. Then why are you so down on something you haven't even attempted? Sounds like doubletalk to me.

I HAVE BEEN SHOWN NOTHING TO ATTEMPT. Are you clinically (that's MD, not IART) referred to as retarded or slow..? NOTHING HAS BEEN PRESENTED, ARGUED, EVIDENCED OR EXPLAINED with sufficient detail. I couldn't tell you or anyone else how to perform a JRep. All I could relate is that they are associated with reduced ROM, creating a pump and lots of contractions. None of which, incidentally, have been shown to significantly increase LBM than any other technique (or at all). Give us SOMETHING. Have you not read any of my posts...???

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Firstly through your false beliefs about genetics for one. If you can't accept the genetics the average person has to what the pros possess are worlds apart... then I am afraid you haven't grasped the most important point of all. Forget all the false-claims of 20" arms like they are a dime a dozen... do you truly apprecaite how few of us possess even 18" arms?

Say it with me . . . steroids...hormones. I know you're so old that God regards you as his high school buddy, but do you remember your growth spurts..? 2-5yrs, steady until about 12, then 13-18 you shot up....do you know what made you do that...? Steroids and hormones. Endogenously made. Administed them exogenously and evoila... Please read my next post for an elaboration of genetics.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Again, your narrow-minded beliefs reflect your nievity. I once believed - whole heartedly - I could/would become a pro bodybuilder. But guess what, few if any of us truly can. That is a bitter pill to swallow but true regardless.

How much money did you invest in steroids and hormones between the ages of 15 and 35....? Yes you need to train, but if you want proof that the importance of method is reduced with pharmacological assistance, look at Arnold and Mike. High volume vs low volume. Both methods worked. Biologically speaking, they shouldn't both work to the same degree. But they did.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I disagree, friends have written me stating it cracked them up. The fact you lack a sense of humour is your own shortcoming. And you call yourself "Jester"? I'd re-evaluate your username if I were you.

Ok, you have friends...I'm just not sure I trust your hearsay, your friends or your humour...and you were so proud of your jokes too...*sigh*

My nick has nothing to do with a guy in bright clothing wearing bells.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh sorry, so you are saying I, Brian, Andrew, Rick <the Mr. Canada competitor> and the people I interact with on a daily basis all can't be seeing what we are seeing with JReps?
laugh.gif
That is your funniest accusation yet! Wake up and smell the roses, the fact we are kinda hints that something is happening... don't ya think?
Let's see, between us we must have well over 8 decades or so of lifting - being conservative - so our 8 decades pales in comparison to your - what - one decade? Do you see how ludicrious you sound? You could show me a boat load of proof that JReps CAN'T WORK, but that doesn't prove a thing if I gain regardless.

Accusation...? It's an assertion. I am asking for evidence and theory that is not anecdotal or subjective. How do I know that your cult buddies (and/or yourself) aren't juiced..? I'd even settle for theory at this point.

And before you start whining about science...please consider that theory and testing, followed by reevaulation and proof of said theory/hypothesis is the foundation of EVERYTHING we have ever learnt. The creation of fire, processing grain into bread, brushing our teeth... theory, test, reevaluate. It's that simple.

So please....give us something that has a basis in biology or physiology or physics or biochemistry...anything. Provide a before and after shot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Here is something that just came in that might be of interest to you... "Jreps kicks @$$ like nothing on earth! I have DOMS like nothing I've felt in a long time, I tried it with each
exercise, needless to say, it kicked my butt". Another "liar" no doubt?

Who said anyone is lying? I'm sure he/she did get DOMs. If I do 1- neg reps @ 120% 1RM I'll get DOMs...a beach run gives me DOMs... please tell me why "I had a great workout" is relevant to JReps being viable as a training protocol. And find something OBJECTIVE.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]For your edification... did you know scientists still say bees can't possibly fly. Their aerodynamic make-up prevents it. Hmmm, then why do I see bees happily buzzing around? Guess someone forgot to tell them.

And one day, the physicists, anatomists and physiologists will sit down together and figure it out. Then they'll tell us both how bees CAN fly, and what they did wrong.

ANY evidence yet....theory...something that makes sense with regard to known physiology and biochemistry..?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Neuroses doesn't radiate respect.

Neither does putting your ideas out like this, it is not the way Bryan intended for us to workshop things.

Some time back we had the DOMS thread and yeah it got funny, and it got serious but I don't think it got this ugly! :mad:

I PROTEST! THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO HAVE DISCUSSIONS!

J-reps or not, proven or not what is the point?
sad.gif

Just in case it was missed, Mike N. An dkm1987, I did post replies to you both on the botttm of page 11. I tried to be explicit and helpful.

The natural bodybuilder at: http://www.purephysique.com/
Mike L. is performing a JReps experiment, there is a link to see and read about it on the right hand side of his home page (under "News").

Please keep in mind that Johnston posted in this thread to quash "misrepresentation" of his method. That is, he was not here to advertise or explain the method. I personally contributed the forward and after thoughts sections to the book. You are welcome to ask me questions which I will answer as time permits.

Regards,
Andrew

"...re: Mike & Ray... remember how they both dropped dead..??"

Jester, Mike Mentzer was my friend and had inherited his heart difficulties from his dad, just as I have. He also did a horrible job of taking care of himself once he stopped competing. Now, I fully understand the thrust of your argument against the various HIT - IART guys and their Jreps, but whatever point you were trying to make with that statement is just way out of line. Muscle doesn't equate to health, as my cardiologist constantly reminds me.

And with that uncalled for comment about the Mentzer's I am through. Not only have you shown how low you will go to TRY and prove a point - as misguided as they are - but you obviously lack the fundamental knowledge about what caused their sudden demise.

"Try your BB'ing without ANY supplementation for a year. No protein, EFAs, Creatine, Glucosamine, NOX, BCAAs or anything else."

Lastly, I do train supplement free, have done for years. So where does that leave your "supplement based" mindset!

Bryan, Dan, someone please lock up this thread

This is one disappointing way of discussing scientific matters.

It has become non-scientific and worst of all, personal, insulting and just not in the true HST way at all.
laugh.gif

Remember guys we have already lost Old & Grey because of non-sense like this :mad:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Firstly through your false beliefs about genetics for one. If you can't accept the genetics the average person has to what the pros possess are worlds apart... then I am afraid you haven't grasped the most important point of all. Forget all the false-claims of 20" arms like they are a dime a dozen... do you truly apprecaite how few of us possess even 18" arms?

Say it with me . . . steroids...hormones. I know you're so old that God regards you as his high school buddy, but do you remember your growth spurts..? 2-5yrs, steady until about 12, then 13-18 you shot up....do you know what made you do that...? Steroids and hormones. Endogenously made. Administed them exogenously and evoila... Please read my next post for an elaboration of genetics.

Every human being on the planet can be traced back to Africa. It's been done. Modern theory at the moment asserts that what we once had deemed to be a "race" is actually a falsity. That's how closely related (genetically) humans are.

Consider the first 39,500 years of human existence. Maybe even the first 39,900 - up until ~ 1900. Life on this planet has always been survival of the fittest. Brains and brawn added together. Physically inferior phenotypes do not survive. Not in jungles, deserts, forests, an ice age, diseased civilisation and so on.

People are people. Yes, there are limiting diseases/conditions that would be classified as severe - CF or DMD for instance - but the only real limiting factors that are genetic (IMO) are height (6'3 will have potential for more absolute LBM than 5'10) and metabolic - how much energy you need to consume.

You're a human. You don't have sub-par genetics that mean you can't reach the same size as Mentzer (I use him as he seems to be your poster boy) or a more relevant natural trainee. Individual muscles may be shaped differently - compare Arnold's biceps/triceps to Sergio's, but both had 20inch guns.

I can't seriously believe that a significant difference in neural capabilities or number of muscle fibres, satelite cells, protein syntheis rates etc. exists.

I'm not insulting the memory of Mike or Ray Mentzer. Merely reminding you that they were not physical gods - in appearance or health.

If you're finished, you're finished...if you decide to revise this thread at any time, I once again ask for theory and/or evidence... doesn't it strike you odd that nothing from anyone on your board has been presented...?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Neither does putting your ideas out like this, it is not the way Bryan intended for us to workshop things.

Fausto, I respect what you're saying...but re-read the whole thread if you like. Who made this personal? And made my age a number proportional to my intelligence? Who started going on about their wartime heroics? Started calling every other respondent a clown/jester?

Personally I find it disappointing that nothing has been presented as the claims made by those we've heard from are intriguing. This is the catch about having a discussion, there needs to be something discussed... and quite obviously, there isn't.

Jester

It still should not have become what it is.

Disagreement exists since the beggining of time, thus "the great controversy".

War, however or throwing of names, whomever the culprit might be does not endorse us going against Bryan's wishes in order to keep this website what it is.

So let us uphold the good name of this site and move on.....

I promise you I'll come back with something about my own J-reps experiment soon, only and only if it indeed gives me something to shout about from the rooftop of HST fromm which all of us can then benefit!

'nough said
thumbs-up.gif

Allright let's stay on track. I don't want to close this thread or start deleting posts but unless there is something else to be said that is beneficial I think it may be time.

Dan

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AShortt @ Jan. 24 2006,7:53)]How about the stuff I added at the end of page 11!?
Regards,
Andrew
Although it really didn't address the points/questions I had initially asked it was at least on topic and not a flame session, so thanks.

Dan

Dan (dkm1987),

I haven’t followed this thread from the beginning (there are pages and pages or nitter-natter), thus I may be missing your points and questions. What can I answer “specifically” for you?

I’m not trying to make arguments where there are none, nor am I trying to sell anything. In fact, my contribution to the book in question was offered gratis! That is how useful and effective I found this methodology. It can be utilized regardless of what workout scheme you use and suits any form of equipment.

Regards,
Andrew

Back