Dips  (10+BW) BW
Lat Pulldowns  (90) 70
Dumbbell Rows  (20) 5
Dumbbell Press  (30) 20
Bent Lateral raises  (15) 5
Shrugs  (45) 30
Lying Tri. Ext.  (30) 15
Barbell Curls  (30) 15

Okay, the numbers in parantheses are my 15RM's.  The numbers next to those are the poundages I used for my first day of 15's.  I just finished 2 weeks of no lifting.  Anyway, these weights were pretty dang hard, especially on the chest and shoulder lifts.  I was shocked that I was having so much trouble with such light weights.  So my question is... is this normal for the first day of 15's, or did I start with to much weight?

Thanks a bunch

I can't say for sure what it happening to you, but I can admit that the first cycle of 15s I ever did just wore my butt out. I still find the 15s difficult, but enjoyably so. If you start failing to reach your reps for a couple workouts in a row then you will know you are over-reaching. Good luck!

Leg Press.. try using 20 lb increments that way you will start off at 125. Larger increments = better hypertrophy. Try starting your weights off at 70% of the RM. For your iso's.. starting at 5lbs seems pointless to me - you might as well be deconditioning the muscle still if you don't have the compounds in there. Example: (dumbell rows) try this... 10,10,15,15,20,20.

The 15's provide some good exercise. They will be good for your joints and will help lactic muscle build up a little bit in the muscles. Ultimately, they will prepare you for the 10's where you will find some growth. After that, the real focus should be on the 5's and negs where most hypertrophy will occur in people who have been weight-training for some time.

I hope I helped.

-Colby

Back