Kenneth's First HST Cycle

Kenneth

Hello people! I am an 30 year old guy from Norway. Decided to give this a try since I got bored with my usual routines.
I did'nt plan to log my HST run here, but I figured I might aswell. Perhaps get som input on the way.
As of now I have finished the first week of 15's, then I got sick for a few days, did an amputated fourth workout, resting today and tomorrow will be my fift of 15's. Some of the excersizes are getting to be pretty damn heavy, and me not beeing used to a full body workout get pretty winded come the final few sets :) But so far so good. I love the efficiancy of of fewer sets/higher frequency, but a fullbody workout this close to max takes its toll. I took a couple of days finding my 10 and 15RM then used a calculater to find the respective workload in the given range. I increase 1&2 to 5 kg's each workout depending on the bodypart.
The program is the one outlined on the introduction pages. I decided to run it as it is written, with only a little personalization in regards to excersize selection. Works like a charm thus far.

Now for the questions I have for you guys :)

How fast do you progress in load over the two week blocks?
How long are your pauses in between sets and excersises?

I don't have a training partner so when time comes for the fives I'll be utilizing an ekstra set og 15-20 for the additive effect (don't know I spelled that right), any thoughts on this?

And as a footnote, I am not clean. (not that I think it matters to guys, but it certainly affects the different aspects of training).

I am allways open for constructive critisism.

Kenneth

Last edited:
Almost done with my 2 weeks of 15's. Maxrep day tomorrow. So far, except from beein sick for a few days it's been tough doing fullbody workouts. 15's does suck, so I'm glad its over. Also, it's kinda boring doing the same thing 3 times a week, but I'll stick with it. In the next to weeks I have a couple of different excersises lined up that allows for greater load than the ones I used during 15's, so some variation is ahead :) Last couple of workouts I havent been able to complete 2 sets on my bi's and tri's, I have been to exhausted, but I blaim the illness and aim for success tomorrow. My shoulders are allready looking abit rounder allover, wich is good..they have been a weak point. Also chest has improved since I swapped the flat for the incline bench. On another note, my Pull-ups suffers from beeing placed after legs and chest, but that is to be expected atleast until I get used to fullbody workouts. Pros are I get to do my favourite bodyparts three times a week. Cons are the opposite :) I have allways utilized hst principles in my training before, but not to this extent. I like it, but I don't think I'll be doing fullbody workouts forever...probably more like a cycle here and there for variations..as it should be in my opinion.

Today is my final day of 10's. So far it's taken some getting used to the fullbody workouts, but its getting better. Nest time around I'll probably do a split.

Back