lagging bodyparts

skinnyman

my back is growing significantly faster than my arms. i have no idea why but i don't like the way i look like a door with twigs as the arms. i don't want my back to grow wider anymore for the moment because it doesn't look nice as my arms are falling behind.
should stop incrementing on my lat pulldows and seated rows just to maintain my back size? and concentrate on the arms?

need your opinion :)

You can never have too wide a back, regardless of your arm size.
thumbs-up.gif

I'm with O&G.

You will get bigger looking arms if you work back well. The more your lats stick out, the more pressure they will put on your upper arms causing the flesh to spread out and widen. So, when seen in side profile, they will be much wider.

And finally the most important reason is chicks love a powerful back and V torso taper. Give women what they want I say ;-)

i disagree. i have the same problem, and i know how it feels. i've been focusing on arms and calves to bring some harmony to my body. i agree that the bigger your back and chest are, the bigger your arms will be UP TO A POINT, but i don't believe in doing NO direct arm work.

it might depend on genetics, as a lot of people apparently grow just fine without hitting the arms directly, but some don't, and if that is your case, you should do some smart direct work, starting with no direct work during 15s, then adding 1-2 sets of isolation exercises like bb curl or preacher curl during 10s, and then adding exercises that emphasize stretch with load during 5s, like incline curls and skull crushers. don't forget to do the burn sets during 5s and pulse sets during negs, as advised in the customizing hst thread.

good advice people. thanks :) i'm going to continue strengthening my back.

i'm that person that really requires a lot of direct bicep work.

i've been doing regular curls for the 15s to 10s then i'm doing inclined curls for the 5s (it so dang hurts a lot more than regular curls). for triceps i'm doing either pushdowns or CGBP.

i'll see what happens .

if you haven't done so yet, download the .pdf file in the customizing hst thread, and read.
for triceps, the best exercise for emphasizing stretch with load is skull crushers.
what are pushdowns?

Back