Looking for an Android app to plan, track and report workouts

Discussion in 'General Training' started by Ironkid, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Ironkid

Ironkid Member

Do you know of any app that will:
    - Allow you to schedule target weights
    - Export to text/csv/excel training logs

I'm currently using jefit, which is quite good to track workouts in the gym but lacks these two features

2. Bulldog

Bulldog Active Member

There is a HST app in the Google play store that does all that. It's not perfect, but it works.

3. mickc1965

mickc1965 Well-Known Member

Shame it appears not to be available for iphones

4. Ironkid

Ironkid Member

It's quite good for vanilla routines, but it doesn't allow any type of split

5. Bulldog

Bulldog Active Member

You didn't say anything about needing to do a split routine in your original post.

You can either prefix each exercise name with an "A" & "B" or a "1" & "2" or you can put the exercises in order of the two groups that you are going to alternate.

I also use a Android app called Gymrat (the app for the iPhone by the same name is not the same app). One you calculate your weights you can enter them into a Gymrat workout. You can even add your warmup sets. I have brought HST to the Gymrat developers attention and he was very interested in it as he had not heard of HST.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  6. Ironkid

Ironkid Member

I didn't say either I want to do HST ;-)
    Can you export logs from gymrat? It doesn't have a demo version

7. Bulldog

Bulldog Active Member

Yes, you can export your logs from Gymrat to a CSV file. I would give you a sample but I recently reset my phone and forgot to backup my Gymrat data before I did, so I don't have any data in the app.

For what it's worth I like Gymrat a lot better than Jefit. It is well with the $2 I paid for it.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  8. Ironkid

Ironkid Member

Thanks bulldog, I'll try it!