Looking for an easy non timeconsuming bulkinplan

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Owndawg, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Owndawg

Owndawg New Member

I`m starting my first HST cycle soon and I have to get my diet right, to get the results I`m looking for. but i dont want to use the whole day to prepare food, so does anyone have an easy eatingplan which you use during bulk that they would like to share?
    I can figure out the cals i need for my bodyweight myself. [​IMG]

2. stevejones

stevejones Member

<div>
    (Owndawg @ Sep. 19 2006,12:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I`m starting my first HST cycle soon and I have to get my diet right, to get the results I`m looking for. but i dont want to use the whole day to prepare food, so does anyone have an easy eatingplan which you use during bulk that they would like to share?
    I can figure out the cals i need for my bodyweight myself. ¬† ¬†[​IMG]</div>
    Barbeque or 'foreman grill' a bunch of hamburgers/chicken breasts/steaks/whatever other meat you want to for a whole week and just take it with you in a ziploc bag day to day.

How many cals per day do you need ? Man, bulking is so easy...wish I was bulking. You can always find high calorie foods (at least in the 'fat ass' country of the USA). Protein bars, candy...prepared shakes can have a lot of calories depending on how much fruit you put in them...one large banana is 135 cals....I have to stop now i'm getting hungry.

3. Lifting N Tx

Lifting N Tx New Member

<div>
    (stevejones @ Sep. 19 2006,16:15)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
    I have to stop now i'm getting hungry.</div>
    lol...to both that and the &quot;cutting sucks&quot; title of your recent thread.

I'm doing the opposite and hadn't allowed myself to eat like this in a long time. I'd forgotten how nice it is.

Owndawg, once you make sure that you get enough protein (I use the 1gm per lb of bodyweight rule), then it's a matter of how you get the rest of the calories needed. You need to track those (I'm using fitday.com). I try to get a reasonable amount of healthy food, then eat whatever I need to in order to make up any shortage of calories.

I happen to enjoy peanut butter on flour tortillas with some honey, so if I'm short of calories it's a quick way to add a bunch with some nutrional value as well. However, if I'm short of time and other sources I'll eat a pastry, ice cream, or whatever until I hit my quota.

The point being that, while healthy is good, getting enough calories is way more important than where you get them from.

4. Totentanz

Totentanz Super Moderator Staff Member

Mcdonald's dollar menu is a pretty easy way to get in the calories. Personally, I prefer Burger King though.

5. Where I work, there always seems to be some kind of food sitting on the break table. at home, it's peanut butter as my main colorie contributer.

Oatmeal with a big scoop of peanut butter and maybe some whey powder, a couple times per day, on top of what you regularly eat. That could do it!

6. Peak_Power

Peak_Power New Member

<div>
    (Totentanz @ Sep. 19 2006,23:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Mcdonald's dollar menu is a pretty easy way to get in the calories.  Personally, I prefer Burger King though.</div>
    Goddamn you Americans are lucky, we don't have a dollar menu at Maccas in Australia, and we don't have supersize either. Then again we also don't have a 60% obesity problem...(its probably still like 40-50% though...)

I eat a lot of rice, pasta and bread for my carbs, and chicken, tuna, beef, lamb etc. for protein, plus a protein shake to make up any shortfall. You can prepare as much bulk rice or pasta that you want in a big dish, and same with meat as Steve suggested. Try to stay away from the junk if you can help it.

7. Jazzer

Jazzer New Member

8. quadancer

quadancer New Member

OH YEAH!!! Well, I bet OUR oats are better than YOUR oats!!! [​IMG]

9. Jazzer

Jazzer New Member

Lol! Do I sound like an advert. Didn't mean to. I have nothing to do with the company I linked BTW in case thats how it sounded.
    J [​IMG]

10. quadancer

quadancer New Member

Haha, I'm just a jackass. My wife and I are always arguing wether the &quot;Quaker&quot; oats or the generic store brand is better. I think when the whole ingredient list says &quot;oats&quot; you don't have anything better about it because it has a fancy colorful label and a higher price!

&quot;Kroger&quot; stores brand...2lbs. 10 oz. or 1.10 kg.....$1.19 before tax. [​IMG]