Losing fat

i have a question if you guys don't mind..
what i read from here
, a low carb diet will definitley burn fat away because the body will burn the fat if sugar isn't available.

i'm deciding to have a low carb diet.. maintain my protein intake.. and... will adding some healthy fats from olive oil help as long as i have a caloric defficiency? healthy fats won't make me fat as long as i'm eating below maintainance right?
crazy.gif

and do you have a different calorie intake on non-wo (HIIT)days than wo days (HST)? or keep calories same?

thanks in advanced
worship.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (skinnyman @ May 24 2005,2:01)]will adding some healthy fats from olive oil help as long as i have a caloric defficiency? healthy fats won't make me fat as long as i'm eating below maintainance right?  
Pretty much.

Eat fewer calories than you burn. Get some cardio. The rest is voo doo and gym lore.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Here's the thing: all hypocaloric diets cause fat loss. And, for the most part, once you meet some basic requirements (mainly protein and essential fatty acids, without generating too massive of a deficit), the differences in fat loss are pretty minor and even more highly variable. Some folks appear to do better on keto diets (although I suspect that's the carb-load more than anything) but some do better with moderate carbs. Even there the differences are minor. Folks were reporting *maybe* 3 lbs extra fat loss over 12 weeks for CKD vs a Zone type of diet. Others reported better fat loss on the Zone type of diet. These were lean folks who were meticulous about counting their calories.
As far as I'm concerned it becomes a case of food/appetite/calorie control at that level (note: one exception is that women will tend to lose bodyfat better on lowered carbs, men might mobilize ab fat more effectively but that's debatable and highly variable). If a higher carb diet makes you hungrier and you eat more calories, you're going to lose less fat. Because you're eating more.
. . .
Seriously, as long as there's a caloric deficit, carbs don't magically prevent you from losing fat despite what many seem to think. Any 'magic' from a particular diet interpretation usually has to do with people spontaneously (or more easily) reducing calories and eating less. Which is fine, controlling hunger/etc. is crucial to diet success.

Wow, that site is great. So apparently eating fewer calories won't cause weight loss? Hm. I wonder why all these people lose weight when they start eating fewer calories then?

hahaha it's amazing how people get ideas just to make money.

but a weight-loss diet will eventually plateu right?
i'm just starting my cutting cycle (put on a slab of fat on the stomach.. i did something wrong the cycle before) and i'll prove that site wrong!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (skinnyman @ May 26 2005,4:54)]i came across this website: click
comments about it the body adjusting to low-calorie diet please :)
Give me a break  
sad.gif

Let me see here you could also eat according to your Blood Type, or use Propolene, Cortisol, eat like a caveman, mouse, cabbage head, squash, watermelon, lemon, and just about any other fruit, nut or flake (special K diet).
crazy.gif

crazy.gif

sleeping.gif

Eat sensible and for your weight loss goal, burn more energy than you consume, it's really that simple.

Back