Maintaining Caloric Intake

Ironman

I just wanted to get an idea of you some of the other lifters out there keep manage thier caloric intake. When I first started lifting I was incredible meticulous and got very good results, lately Ive just been winging it and while its much easier, my gains have suffered.

Same here. When i've done things very meticulously, results are great. I don't think it's really worth it to put too much thought into it though. I put way too much into it and have fallen into a pit of putting together a diet, reading something new, changing it, reading, changing ...

Results ... i haven't been able to follow and diet plan i've put together for months. Undecided all the time, and discipline seems out the window right now. I'm still lifting, but without a diet of any sorts put together, i'm just spinning my wheels.

I have to get out of this rut. I look at my condition last year and get discouraged that the summer's almost over and i still havn't even gotten a headstart on cutting due to lack of discipline.

I like the idea of winging it ... to an extent. More or less, put together a diet, start with protein, then add plenty of good carbs and fats. No reading ratios of Omega 3's to 6's, sat's to poly's, carbs to protein ratios, whatever. Just get 1g/lb, fill in the rest with good quality foods and watch what happens. Not losing the weight? Cut some food out of there. Not gaining? Add some food.

This is the same of being so meticulous really. You're still doing the same thing, taking away or adding more calories for a desired result.

Back