Muscle Growth Flowchart

• Thread starter imported_dkm1987
  • Start date
From

Mechanotransduction and the regulation of protein synthesis in skeletal muscle
T. A. Hornberger and K. A. Esser

Fig. 1. Protein synthesis is regulated by a coordinated array of biochemical events. Using insulin stimulation as an example, a schematic of signalling events involved in the regulation of protein synthesis is described. Although the biochemical events that regulate protein synthesis following mitogenic and nutrient stimulation have been fairly well characterized, the molecules that sense mechanical stimuli (mechanoreceptors) and the resulting biochemical events that regulate protein
synthesis in response to changes in tension are not known. P, phosphate; Ga and Gbg, subunits of G-protein; PI3K, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; 3,4,5 PtdIns, phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-triphosphate;IRS, insulin receptor substrate; FAK, focal adhesion kinase; PDK, phosphatidylinositol-dependent protein kinase; PKB, protein kinase B; GSK-3b, glycogen synthase kinase 3b; MKK, mitogenactivated protein kinase kinase; MEK, mitogen-activated protein kinase/ERK kinase; ERK, extracellular
signal-regulated kinase; mTOR, mammalian target of rapamycin; p70S6k, ribosomal S6 kinase; 4E-BP1, eIF 4E-binding protein 1; eIF, eukaryotic initiation factor; p38, stress-activated protein kinase; MNK, mitogen-activated protein kinase-interacting kinase.

Dan, this is all very interesting but, unfortunately, a lot of the image links are now broken. Is there any chance you can re-link them or post them again? Or perhaps you have them on your site somewhere?

Cheers,

Lol

I think this is a great thread. Someone should find all the images that were posted and hopefully the site could host them somewhere.

If we could find the images again, there's no need to host them somewhere else. The server has several GB's of unused space.

I have no idea why the images were wiped (sorry, took the helm here just recently, so I know just as much as you about where all the images went), but if they can be recovered by Dan, all he has to do is put them up again here, no problems.

<div>
(Lol @ May 27 2006,15:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dan, this is all very interesting but, unfortunately, a lot of the image links are now broken. Is there any chance you can re-link them or post them again? Or perhaps you have them on your site somewhere?

Cheers,

Lol</div>
Yes, I have the images and the studies they came from and I will repost them but honestly it's about number 20 on my Top ten to do list right now. If there is one you particulary want to see let me know and I'll post it real ASAP.

Begin at the beginning...
wink.gif

TIA

Back