Muscle Hypertrophy

Vince
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I am absolutely convinced that the best way to really grow is to open the door and keep the door open.

This is what we have been doing whilst applying the HST principles, they have been working fairly well for us, considering those of us who are not on AAS's.
But even then, Bryan in the FAQ-E-Book even covers usage of AAS+HST method, and there are two big "animals" if I can call them that...using this system to their advantage.
Now that for me....and maybe for others :confused: is proof enough.
dozingoff.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The only way you know the door is open is to get feedback that the muscle is growing. That feedback is twofold. Swelling and soreness.

You are proving Aaron right, round and round we go
laugh.gif

Surely one can agree with you to a certain extent, but to tell you the truth, swelling and soreness only really has an influence on someone who is deconditioned and then yes, it works, but after you get conditioned there is a small amount of DOMS accounting to growth, growth however keeps on happening regardless of DOMS.
There are more than 90% of us HST users who can prove that to you, we don't get really sore after the 15's, maybe even the 1st week of 10's, yet we keep on growing.
There is also a point where growth will slow down considerably, when one is close to one's genetic ability, past which AAS's will have to do.
tounge.gif

Here is my stopping point, as I have no intention of growing beyond my body's capacity, which means that when I get there and I will (using HST and persistance), I will look my best!
Beyond that is rather an area that I do not wish to dwell in, regardless of whomever feels differently, that is my ultimate goal!
tounge.gif

Vince

I ultimately have decided which are my goals and yes, I can say I am happy!

So I have been pursuing HST training for over two years now.

There were, I admit, some vices I had to get rid of to get better hypertrophy going and it is working.

I can reach my goals if I apply myself.

So far I have gained pretty well in the two last macrocycles.

Thanks Vince

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
I ultimately have decided which are my goals and yes, I can say I am happy!

So I have been pursuing HST training for over two years now.

There were, I admit, some vices I had to get rid of to get better hypertrophy going and it is working.

I can reach my goals if I apply myself.

So far I have gained pretty well in the two last macrocycles.

Good for you, Fausto!
thumbs-up.gif

That's a great example a lot of folks would do well to follow.

You're the man!
worship.gif

-JV

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Seriously, you've helped pull me into new directions with my training.

Hey cool, that's great to hear :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The Gironda variation of cluster training has really messed with my head; I can get pretty sore during 15s without really trying. It's great!

I hear ya, that cumulative fatigue stuff sure nukes the old 'muskels' eh?
:D

JV

Thansk for the compliments and all.

I really tried for a long time to get rid of some habits, like smoking and drinking (although this was fairly reduced already).

Took a long time, but since I become seriously involved with reaching the goals I ahev set for myself I have not done too bad!

The smoking was really intrefering with my growth, I can see it now since I quit, its now been 5 Months.

Anyway guys, thanks to all for adding to the thread, even Vince, yes, even Vince as he contributes even though he has is own ideas which may not suit all of us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fausto @ Aug. 14 2005,6:20)]The smoking was really intrefering with my growth, I can see it now since I quit, its now been 5 Months.
Hi Fausto,

First, congrats on kicking one of the most difficult vices known to man!
worship.gif

Can you go into greater detail on the evidence which led you to conclude that smoking was really interferring with your muscle growth? I'd really like to know more, if it's OK with you.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Can you go into greater detail on the evidence which led you to conclude that smoking was really interferring with your muscle growth?  I'd really like to know more, if it's OK with you.

Hummmm.....lets see! This is not an easy one to do as I have not dedicated time to write down specifics, but generally speaking:

1 - Trained for over two years using HST methods, but growth never got past a ceratin point:

biceps - up to 15"  before now 15.5" after two cycles and growing, my target 17" so I still have a while to go.

Quads - up to 21" before, now 22" after two cycles, target 23".

Chest - up to 42.52" before, now up to 44.09" after two cycles, target 47,25".

To name a few, one slight problem has been the fat % that I gained 1.82%, sitting at 13.18% now, the target I'd like to get is 6.71%, is it perhaps non-realistic?

That is it, as far as I can tell! Hope this helps.

Oh, it interfered with a few other things, food tastes better, better slow down with complimenting the wife
laugh.gif
lest I land up with 18% BF levels
laugh.gif
LOL.

There is better sensitivity in sexual intercourse and endurance.

I still have to work on better lung capacity as this has to be induced, does not just get better by stopping.

Last but not least, much less sinusitis problems.
tounge.gif

Hi Fausto,

Thanks for the info--very helpful since we have the same vice (I'm still struggling to kick this one). My experience seems nearly identical with yours, especially the sinus problems.

Say, how do you intend to induce better lung capacity?

Cheers.

As far as I know, nothing else can quite increase lung capacity (I'm assuming you mean you run out of breath quickly) as cardio.

And cardio.

And cardio, too. :D

If anybody else knows anything else, that'd be great. But as far as I know, nothing increases stamina like cardio.

Regards,
-JV

Hi Navigator

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Thanks for the info--very helpful since we have the same vice (I'm still struggling to kick this one). My experience seems nearly identical with yours, especially the sinus problems.

I initially used nicorette gums, it helps but you have to put your mind to it! I found myself still having one or two, after drinking a few shots, so I left that too. I had to tell myself

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Ok, I had two ciggies, but by now I'd have had at least 100, so don't give up just start all over again!

I still take the odd one occasionally (nicorettes) but for some reason they make my throat clogg up with phlegm, cannot explain why this happens.

Batman -
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]nothing else can quite increase lung capacity (I'm assuming you mean you run out of breath quickly) as cardio. And cardio. And cardio, too.

LOL
laugh.gif
you are quite right JV, maybe we should include swimming, but man it is winter here, and no ways you will find me in a pool this time of the year!
tounge.gif

For Navigator - It is a real carppy habit and most difficult to kick, but man...if you make up your mind you can do anything dude. Just decide what are your goals, and whether you are going to let a rolled up piece of tobacco and paper be your boss!
sneaky2.gif

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info; and Fausto, thanks for sharing about the smoking. You're right, it is a tough one to deal with--I've struggled with it many times. Until now, I haven't had much opportunity to talk with other lifters that have before and after accounts of the effects of smoking on lifting. Where I live, you really feel like staying in the closet if you have this particular vice... :confused:

Navigator
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Where I live, you really feel like staying in the closet if you have this particular vice...

It is sad to hear that!
sad.gif

People always tend to label one, this happens at church too, one of the many reasons why the Lord criticized the Saducees and the Pharisees. You see they had the religion but not the relationship which was far more important!

There is such a lot of other bad vices out there!

I disagree with criticizing someone for something that society promoted for sooooo long :mad:

The vice can be as difficult to kick as cocaine or some other strong drug, but I still say if you have the will power, and I am sure most of us "muscle heads"
laugh.gif
do
wow.gif
, then you will be able to conquer anything.

Remember this even though in the 10 commandments it says "Honour thy father and thy mother....", there is somthing the Lord did not mention directly but very much expects of us, Honour Thyself for by doing so you will define the necessary steps to get anything you wish that is good for you and ultimately good for others
tounge.gif

Hey...I am starting to rumble....just do not want you to feel so in a cave man...you are worthy...just like anyone of us is!!!

Hi Fausto,

Thank you very much for your kind words and advice. I intend to knock down this vice very soon--sounds like a good job for during SD.
thumbs-up.gif

Cheers.

navigator

Take it easy mate!

Hope you are successful, take it one day at a time, you'll beat it I know!
happy.gif

Back