my progress....

basso

i just finished my first week of 5's and i added 2 kg.
it's strange because it doesn't seem like i gained whight (not in mass and certanly not in fat- i don't think i gained fat) and my chest even looks smaller ( a problem because i like to build up the pecs more).

any comments pls?

In the first three weeks, i gainged 1 cm around my arms, 2-3cm around my chest. But my weight is staying the same. So what's happening?

Basso: 4.5 pounds or 2 kg in 6 weeks is great. If you continue to grow at this pace you'll put on 19 kg ( 41 lbs.) in a year. So don't be discouraged steady growth is what your really looking for. Imagine if you could actually put that much weight on in a year!

Chickenmonkey: Maybe you have lost some fat while adding muscle to your arms and chest?

Stay positive about your gains.

Joe G

Hey :)

Basso, if your chest really is smaller to look at, are you in SD right now? If you are, maybe they'll seem a little larger in two days or so. Maybe it's just a glycogen replenishment problem. Whenever I measure myself immediately after a cycle's last workout, my chest is always 0.5" - 1" smaller than if I wait two days after I start my SD.

Chickenmonkey, if you aren't gaining weight but you are growing, you are probably losing some fat as well, and since the growth isn't too large yet, there is hardly a fluctuation in your weight. 2-3cm around the chest isn't that big a growth yet, so don't worry about your weight staying the same in the meantime.

And just remember, if things aren't going well but you are sure your workout is ok, it's probably your diet. It can also be your daily stress, but it's a safer bet to fix the diet first, it's a much bigger factor generally. Everything can be in place but if your diet stinks, you aren't going to go anywhere.

Regards,
-JV

yeah now i haven't gained wait but things are looking a lot more larger. i have no idea why. i think it's the cheap weighing scale's fault.

just as long as you can see a good difference in the mirror ...then you're doing great! try taking before and after pictures.
thumbs-up.gif

Back