My Two-a-Day routine...

aspengc8

Good afternoon all! I wanted to get some feedback on my routine. Important note, my diet is in check (clean bulk, I feel like im always eating) and I get roughly 9 hours of sleep a night.
My workout is performed M/W/F..first session is 9-9:45am, second is 9:30-10:15pm. I might be doing too much, or too little, thats why Im here!

1.) Squats x1 (ample warm ups of 3 reps, slow and deep)
2.) Stiff Leg Deads x2 superset w/ Incline DB Bench x2
3.) Flat DB bench x1
4.) Bent over Barbell Row x2 superset stand calf raise x2
5.) Lat pulldown x2 superset barbell rear shrug x2
6.) DB shoulder press superset DB rear fly x1
7.) barbell curls x2 superset Dips (bodyweight) x2
8.) abs

My rest time is about 60 sec between sets, so I'll Row for example, then run over and do calf raise...rest 60 sec then repeat. What do you guys think?

When working out your whole body 2 times a day than its to much. If not than your workout looks good

success bro

my sugestion is to train a whole body on monday/wednesday/friday or
Monday and Thursday

or split your workout
I train on mon and thurs, works better for me

succes

Aspengo,
Feel free to train thrice per week, twice per day. Some have suggested this works better than every day, see the 'Pimp my HST' e-book. Personally I would keep the volume low (1 set) and make sure to eat a lot, good luck !

I wouldnt do flat and incline bench in the same workout, just flat.

Hi

Move what you suppersetting to your second routine and use that as a split, do not repeat the same workout morning and evening.

Supersetting is good, but 2x day workouts allow you to include a good solid amount of alternating, thus hitting the whole body from different angles.

Try it and see, keep your routine 30 - 45 minutes.

Do not over warm-up as this will also decrease your capabilities. Do about 3 sets or so by increasing weight up to the mark, keep reps between 3 - 5 and you should be just fine.

Personally, I think your original set up is good to do twice a day. I have about the same amoun of exercises, and I get it down in a half hour or so. All you need to do is eat a lot and make sure you have the energy and sleep. You seem to have that in check... good luck.

Back