Myo reps during 15-10's. Can someone explain?

Greenlantern11B

Do you start at your 10rm? and do it the whole 2 weeks as fast as you can, then 10-20sec rest, do some more 1-2 before failure. repeat?

can someone give an example if my bench 10rm was 100lbs

so

day1-50
2-60
3-70
4-80
5-90
6- 100

how would i do myoreps?

thanks

Here’s about the best explanation of myo-reps I’ve found in case you haven’t had a chance to look at it.

http://www.clutchfitness.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9363

If you were planning to stick with the 15s, 10s micro-cycle concept rather than straight progression I would stick with starting out the micro-cycle at 75% of the RM so it would look like:

Day-%RM
1 = 75%
2 = 80%
3 = 85%
4 = 90%
5 = 95%
6 = 100%

However, remember that for the activation set (the first set) to be effective you have to go to within a rep or two of failure which is going to put your rep count for the first few days up in the stratosphere on the 15s.

Alternatively you could start out at higher than 75% of your RM and either repeat loads:

Day-%RM
1 = 85%
2 = 90%
3 = 90%
4 = 95%
5 = 95%
6 = 100%

Personally I find it’s just simpler to base progression off my 1RM (or estimate of it for some lifts) and use straight progression while simultaneously trying to keep within a rep range over a week to two week period:

Week-%1RM
1 = 60%
2 = 65%
3 = 70%
4 = 75%
5 = 80%
6 = 85%

Note that above at or above 85% of your 1RM using Myo-reps becomes problematic since you should already be near or at 100% fiber activation from the 1st rep. I just show the progression going to 85% of the starting 1RM under the presumption that over the preceding 5 week period you’ve gotten 5% stronger so you would really be working around 80% of your new 1RM.

Also note that I would only go above 75% of my 1RM for compound exercises. Personally I think it’s better to top out at a higher rep range (10-12 or higher) for most isolation exercises. You can still increment within that range by adding weight when each time you get to the top of the range during the activation set.

I don’t think that there is any “one way” to set up a myo-rep program based on HST principles. Just remember that the key to both systems is progressive loading. How to achieve that is up to the individual even more so using myo-reps since its main characteristic is auto-regulation.

I sure hope what I just wrote makes sense.

Back