need computer help

iceman0625

Lighting hit my computer and the ony thing destroyed was my motherboard. I installed a new one and everything works except one thing, my sound. WHen I go to device properties there are no exclamation marks or question marks by anything. When I go to my sound device I get the message, " There are no active mixer devices available" I don' tknow what could be the problem, I've checked all the simple things like the volume ect. I have winxp professional.

Have you tried reinstalling your sound drivers? If you use on-board sound, try enabling the Mobo sound in Bios configuration.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Have you tried reinstalling your sound drivers? If you use on-board sound, try enabling the Mobo sound in Bios configuration

thats what someone told me to do, but when I go into bios I don't know what to look for. I am looking for anything that says sound. Unless its called something else, I don't see but one thing and its enabled.

iceman,
This may sound silly, but did you replace the old mobo with the exact same make and model? If not, does it have onboard audio.
Also, in device manager, does it show anything that looks similar to this?
devicemanager0nn.gif

My work pc has integrated audio by soundmax, therefore the soundmax integrated digital audio
What make and model mobo do you have?

The onboard sound may be called audio codec or something. Also, on some board, you have to physically change a jumper on the board to enable or disable onboard sound. What mobo are you using?

thanks for all your help and taking time to post the pics. I found out my problem. The guy tha tI bough the motherboard from at the computer store gave me the wrong cd with the wrong drivers on it. I took my tower back up to him and he put in the correct cd and the drivers installed correctly. Thanks for your help.

Back