New Extended Routine

robefc

Hi everyone,

Is it me or is sorting out a routine actually more fun than working out?! Definitely gets you motivated during sd anyway...so if anyone has any thoughts or comments then please let me know...

6 x a week, 3 separate workouts, increments of 5kg (2.5kg for dumbbells) which means 3 increments for each workout for 15s, 3 for 10s etc...

15s will involve just one set of a compound exercise for chest, back and shoulders.

10s will involve same as above plus one set of a stretch point exercise for chest, back, shoulders, bis and tris

5s will involve 2 sets of the compound movements, 1 set of stretch point (but 2 sets for bis and tris) and pulses immediately after the stretch point set

post 5s will involve clustering to keep the weight progressing, negs for dips, partials for pulling movements, same as above for sets but LS will be included after stretch point, prior to pulses.

Exercises are:

Compound:
Chest -dips, incline dumbbell flies, bench press
Back - pull downs, machine rows, narrow grip pull downs
Shoulder - dumbbell press, machine press, military press

Stretch point:
Chest - pec dec or dumbbell flies
Back - pullover (dumbbell for stretch, machine for pulse)
Shoulders - incline lateral raise (but normal laterals for pulse)
Bis - incline hammer curls, concentration curls, machine curls
Tris - Skullcrushers, one arm extensions, underarm press downs (normal grip press downs for pulses)

15 mind HIIT on the crosstrainer for each workout (2mins warm up, 6 intervals of 30 sec sprint on high resistance level with 90sec slow on low resistance, then warm down)

Nelson sit ups and stomach vacuum for abs

I'll be on Sir Steven Redgrave's seefood diet...whenever I see food I'll eat it!

Also, I know, I know, there's nothing for legs! Let's leave that out of the discussion, happy with them as they are and they kill after the HIIT.

One last thing, as loaded stretches are introduced post 5s to increase strain I was considering holding the progressive load for a couple of weeks and then increasing them to extend the cycle...reasoning being that the loaded stretches increase strain...then progressing the load will do likewise...no idea if that's good logic or not!

Cheers

Rob

ok can someone please tell me what Cluster, Pulse sets mean ?
blush.gif

In short cluster sets simply means doing multiple sets of very few reps to reach a given rep target, for example you might do 5 sets of 2 reps to reach 10 reps.

Pulses reps are used to increase metabolic stress by only using a range of motion of a few inches at the most contracted portion of the exercise

For more detailed info with regards to the above and other techniques check out the customizing hst thread, I'd recommend printing it out and going through it...although beware even if you increase the margins and change it to a smaller font it still takes up 80+ pages!
tounge.gif

I printed out that thread just yesterday. Make sure to click "Print this topic" located on the bottom right. Even then it came out to be 120+ pages. Dear lord that thing is a goldmine. I've yet to sink my teeth in it past the first two pages, but flipping like, 30 pages ahead and just glancing at some of the stuff gives me a boner. Really, it does.
wow.gif

I can see it now, you're in bed with your girlfriend and you ask her if she wants to try something kinky...she's up for it and asks if you'd like her to talk dirty to you...you grin, hand her the print out and ask her to start with the section on loded stretches and pulse reps! :D
tounge.gif

annnnyway...anyone have any opinions on the routine?

Rovi and robfc

You guys really are the pits LOL
laugh.gif

I couldn't help but laugh all the way home
laugh.gif

First time ever I have seen one of these in the forum, one hell of a way to end a working day :D

Well done guys, well done!!!

Back