new to HsT

BmXGenLee

Ok well i have pretty much tried everything possible for the past 2 years and seen some ok results but nothing of what i imagine. I weight about 175lbs. Im 5'7". I used to weight almost 200, but ive shed off those lbs since 2 years ago and im down to 175 now. Im going to go along with Hypertrophy-Specific Workout Program which i found over here on www.bodybuilding.com .
The website for it is http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hst1.htm

Well anyways, im not an expert at lifting weights, nor a beginner. I know my limits and pretty much form,reps, and all that stuff. Im going to try out this program because it seems promising but i cant say that now until i get my a$$ up and try it out for a month or two.

I never really took supplements or anything but i bought a couple things this week to help get started. Ive been taking Optimum Whey Protein for about forever. I used to do 2 shakes a day but im going to up it to three now.

Well heres my supplement list.

In the morning
A cup of Vanilla Soy Milk with a bowl of Special K Cereal
1 Optimum Whey Protein Shake
1 Multi-Vitamin Pill by AST
1 Fish Oil Pill by Kirkland

in between
A Yogurt

Lunch
1 Can of Tuna Fish in Water with Tomatoes and Onions and Two Slices of Bread

in between
A Zone Bar

Before Working Out
1 Heaping Teaspoon of Micronized Creatine by AST
1 Vitamin Water

After Working Out
Dinner- Probably Fish, or a Steak, Porkchops or Chicken w/ Salad and potatoe or 2

Before going to Sleep
1 heaping table spoon of Glutamine by Higher Power
1 Multi-Vitamin by AST
1 Fish Oil Pill

I drink about 8-10 Cups of water a day and the protein shakes are mixed with either 2% Milk or Soy Milk.

Can you guys tell me if my diet is right or sounds right. What i need to change or delete. Thanks and all input will be read and acknowledged.
Thanks guy. I hope i didnt forget anything

Hello! Welcome to the forums.

Well, without knowing your exact calorie intake, its tough to say. However, I can shed some advice on what i've learned.

First, right after your workout is the most crucial time to get nutrients into your system to help start the recovery and muscle building process. You definitely need to go for a shake here and not solid food. Shakes vary from person to person, but here is a quick example of what i put in my shake:

1 cup milk (non-fat)
1 serving whey protein powder
1 serving creatine
1 serving glutamine
1 8oz yoplait low-fat strawberry yogurt
1 cup some type of juice
1 teaspoon honey

It's roughtly 580 calories, 90 carbs and 44 grams protein.

Also, one thing i've noticed is that you need to EAT A LOT with HST. After my post workout shake, I eat again about 1-2 hours later. Then another 2 hours after that, making sure I get between 300-400 calories and good protein.

lastly, check out this article. It is very good.

Eating for Size

HTH,

thecoffeeguy

After 15 minutes of searching - I found a great thread that our old friend Old and Grey posted back in early July Building Muscle - 4 Essential Elements

Now that I worked so hard to find it - I am bookmarking it!
sneaky2.gif

Oh and by the way, not only do you need post-workout nutrition (i.e. protien), you need pre-workout too.

-Colby

Back