Not always incresing weight

isr-rcl

Hello everyone! :)

I wanted to ask how much important it is to increase the weight every 48 hours (every workout) when applying hst; in some exercises, like the pulley for example, I have to do 57 KG, and a workout after - 60 KG (I'm building my routine so that my first workout of six will be on 75% from the last). My pulley in the gym is 'jumping' in 5 KG's - 50, 55, 60, etc', so my 10's cycle looks (actually!) like this: 55, 60, 60, 65, 65, 70.

What do you think about that?

Plus another question: if my 15's looks like this: 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30 - what should be the weight in my first 10's workout? should it be 28 like the one before the last workout on the 15's or should the increase is still mendatory and I should use something like 32 KG?

Thanks in advance!!!

You do not have to increase everytime, you can duplicate the weight, as in 25, 25, 30, 30, 35, 35. It is dependant on your individual strength in the movement and your conditioning level.

The easiest way is to record your maxes before you SD, then you will know what the individual maxes are. If you are guesstimating (not the best idea), then Bryan has put up a FAQ about estimating your RM, check it out in the FAQ section.

no no no :) it goes like this:

If I'm interested in hypertrophy, and my 15's max is 60 KG, and by multiplying by 1.2 I found that 72 is my max for 10's and 83 is my max for the 5's - it doesn't leave me enough room for increases - I have to increase the weight 6 times between 60 and 72 - and it'll give me 6 increases of 2 KG - But I understood that small increases like that will benefit my strength more than my size.

Is it understandable? What to do then?

p.s these are all my squats max's

[b said:
Quote[/b] (isr-rcl @ May 07 2005,3:44)]no no no :) it goes like this:
If I'm interested in hypertrophy, and my 15's max is 60 KG, and by multiplying by 1.2 I found that 72 is my max for 10's and 83 is my max for the 5's - it doesn't leave me enough room for increases - I have to increase the weight 6 times between 60 and 72 - and it'll give me 6 increases of 2 KG - But I understood that small increases like that will benefit my strength more than my size.
Is it understandable? What to do then?
p.s these are all my squats max's
yes, yes, yes and yes ;)

Your RM for each phase should have been tested not just using a formula as this only gives you a guesstimate and may or my not be all that accurate. So again if you haven't already started your cycle I recommend going back and getting your maxes for your first cycle.

Understand it is the difference between your lowest sub max and the highest weight you lift. There is nothing etched in stone that says you have to have 6 increments, duplicating the load twice still ends at the same weight, albeit with fewer increments but larger. Read the FAQ on zig zagging.

Yes and no, smaller weight increases tend to increase strength more than hypertrophy although not really substantiated this seems to be the consensus. Also understand that the increases in weight are more of an attempt to counteract the effects of RBE and not so much that an increment of X will give the result of X amount of growth, as the best incrementation has not yet been identified (speaking of growth).

Especially for squats I would say you need to test them, this is an exercise that can hurt you badly. If you have overESTIMATED the weight you may reach failure sooner than anticipated and need help to get it off you, so be careful. IF you underESTIMATED then you will get a darn good cardio session but not the stimulus needed for growth.

I suggest you read the FAQ on zig zagging or undulating load

Thanks a lot man! Every thing I wanted to know was there!
worship.gif

That was the only faq I haven't read so far ;)

Back