Now this is squatting

Thats going to be you in about two months!

Hehe
biggrin.gif

Both those guys are amazing.

I have another. I think I've posted it before, but maybe not on the HST forum: Chakarov

I like all incredible videos, but I'm kind of partial to the Olympic lifting ones. A 200lb guy squatting almost 600 waaayyy below parallel for a double. Light day for him because he was lifting in the world championships in a few days, according to the narrator. The squats start about 2 minutes into the video. It seems pretty respectable to power clean double bodyweight too.
biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure that I recall Glenn Pendlay saying that both Chakarov and Dimas had squatted around 770 ATG. I think he mentioned seeing Chakarov carrying on a casual conversation while in the hole with well over 600 on the bar.
wow.gif

Well, since we went so off-topic, I guess this is the 'video thread?"
Another good vid of Dorian Yates.

I forgot how freaky he was. He looks unreal, almost disgusting. Especially his back. I don't think any human being in the history of the planet had a back that big. Coleman and Cutler couldn't hold a candle to that back...I don't know what he was on or how he did it, but his combination of insane MASS and being totally shredded was both sickening and awesome. I have NEVER seen another bodybuilder with that kind of look. I swear he must of been on some weird experimental drugs or something.
I know I am repeating myself, but he both awes me and disgusts me...unreal.

He was hard as nails!

You are right he was awesome/freaky/amazing/disgusting...but hey thats what it take now a days to be ifbb pro!

Dorian was in a league of his own...side-by-side with other IFBB pros you can see the difference. There are many other BBs with better-looking physiques, but NOBODY ever had that kind of mass and hardness combined that I know of.

I have read on other forums about guys who have met Dorian and met Jay Cutler, etc, etc, most of them say the same...Dorian was set apart.

Back