Official UFC 71 Thread

Joe.Muscle

Hey guys well as some of you know I am a big fan of MMA (armbar!
tounge.gif
)...and I have been meaning to try and start an official MMA thread everytime we have a UFC for some of the guys who like mma!

This UFC is going to be a good one as Chuck Liddell will get of try and avenge his loss to Quinton Rampage Jackson.

I am going to Pick the ICEMAN as the winner not surprise here Im picking him by knockout in round 2.

I am also looking forward to Josh Burkman and Karo Purisyan fight!

What are you guys thoughts?

Thanks for starting this thread Joe.  I always forget.

Between Chuck Liddell and Quniton Jackson it should be a great fight.  But I think that Quinton Jacksons style is a bad matchup for Chuck Liddell.  So I think it will be Quinton Jackson by TKO in round 3.

Karo and Josh should be a good fight as well.  Karo is a damn good fighter and has just lost some tough fights.  But I think that Josh might be tougher than he thinks.  But I have to go with Karo....he has been in to many wars to lose to Josh.

everytime chuck fights they do a profile on his opponent. when you contrast chucks relative one dimensional style -vs- his more well rounded opponents it always seems like his time is up. ortiz a couple times, couture a couple times, horn, etc etc.

same thing always seems to happen, chuck punches them in the face before they can get anything started and he runs the show from there on out. ill go with chuck. even when he doesnt look so great, he finds a way to pop guys in the face and take charge from there.

IF Rampage can take Chuck past the 3rd round then I think he can win...but Like BlueJacket said everyone has a great gameplan until they get hit in the face...hehe.
laugh.gif

That's very true....but I don't think anyone other the Randy Coture (when he beat chuch) went after Chuck like Quinton will. I think as long as Quinton really pressures Chuck it is his fight to lose. But if he doesn't come out really agressive then Chuck is going to knock him out.

It should be a great fight either way! Now I just have to figure out where I'm going to watch it!
rock.gif

i do have to agree with you guys about "rampage" pushing the pace. like i mentioned in the cro-cop thread if fighter doesnt bring his "A" game on fight day he will get his ass whupped. if quinton is willing to take some punches, keep the pace/pressure up and tire chuck out, eventually hell be able to "run the train" on him and win. if he doesnt want to take some punches, cant get chuck down (not many can), cant impose his will or tires out himself, chuck will take him out.

should be a good fight.

espn just ran a 10minute commentary/interview about ultimate fighting (the big fight) and its relevance to boxing etc. mostly joe rogan talking tough (and making some good points) -vs- a boxing guy who argued boxing is a science and ult. fighting is human cock-fighting blah blah blah.

nothing too interesting but the fact that espn is covering the fight, and carrying the weigh in apparently is proof that this sport has arrived.

ESPN is giving good coverage.

This is amazing and awesome for the sport!

Check out the pre fight interview...Rampage is funny as hell!

I just watched the prefight and weigh-ins on-line. But the fact that ESPN is carrying the weigh-ins is pretty cool. I also heard that the UFC was trying to set something up with HBO but it sounded like HBO isn't convinced that the UFC would make them more money that Don "skunk head" King and their boxing promotions and they don't want to pay them whatever it was that Dana White wanted them to pay them.

Should be a few good fights tomorrow night. I'm still trying to figure out where to watch them. I can't get pay per view at my house and there are no bars in my area that show the UFC fights. One of the guys I work with was talking about ordering the pay per view but he wasn't sure yet.

Oh well, the good ones usually end up on youtube for at least a short time before they get pulled. So I should still be able to watch Rampage beat Chuck's arse!
cool.gif

Jackson by referee stoppage in round 4

Parisyan by submission in round 2

Leben cracks me up!

I don't like Leben....he is an arrogant a$$. I really enjoyed watching Anderson Silva beat the snot out of him.

I agree w/ not liking Leben. I'm amazed he's getting ANOTHER shot in the UFC...but he does make me laugh.

last night on Spike's "fight night" they replayed Parysian/Sanchez. man that is such a good fight. I really like Parysian.

I like Karo too.  I think he is a great fighter.  I was really looking forward to him fighting Hughes....then he got hurt.

I just found that nbcsports.com has a dedicated UFC section.  That's pretty cool and is a sign that the sport of MMA should be in the main stream in no time!  Dana White is a marketing genius!

http://www.nbcsports.com/ufc/

I'm going to be in Vegas the weekend of the TUF Finale June 23rd.  Unfortunately I can't afford tickets to go to the fights.  But I think in the not to distant future I will make a special trip to Vegas to see some UFC fights.

I didn't get to see the fights last night but they are all on youtube.com. Just do a search for UFSee 710.

That was one of the best UFC cards I have seen. They were all pretty exciting fights.

Chuck really looked like he was really intimadted by Quinton. I thought it would go the way it did but I didn't think it would go that fast!

I loved how Din Thomas called out all the loud mouth boxers.....that was great!

it was a very good card.

Houston Alexander is the man. That was unbelievable!

Alexander destroyed "The Dean of Mean"!  He obviously has some power but I would like to see what he could do in a longer fight to see what kind of skills he really has.  I'm looking forward to his next fight.

I'm glad I got up and watched the videos early this morning becuase they have all been pulled form the site already.

Seen a UFC 71 vid or two over on bodybuilding.com in the bodyspace section, videos.

I have dial up though...hope spiketv shows this one sooner than later.
smile.gif

Back