P90X

soflsun

Hi Guys,

I've been out of commission for some time...wondering if anyone has tried this home based program.  I'm not liking the gym lately.  Thanks.  Happy new year!

my neighbor has given it a try, just finished his 90 days actually, and liked it as well as saw some nice results (primarely looking for fat loss).

im not really up on the details of the prog. but it does state that "muscle confusion" is a main principle which enables folks to see results.........obviously that bogus claim is a problem for anyone whose done even a small amount of BB research.

bottom line is the prog. seems to be a lifting/eating sched. that freq. changes up the w/os (the muscle conf. part) while keeping the diet pretty consistant ( hi pro. low(ish) carbs and only good fats). honestly it seems like simply a strategy to have folks eat better and w/o consistently (by freq. changing w/os to limit boredom) its just been dressed up, packaged and given a catchy name so folks wont mind dropping $$$ on something they could prob. put together on their own.

good luck

i posted this earlier today but in checking back i saw no sign of me having responded at all.........strange. especially since i simply went into my profile, found the post and cut/pasted it back in. anyway, sorry if the post shows back up and this turns out to be a double post.

my neighbor has given it a try, just finished his 90 days actually, and liked it as well as saw some nice results (primarely looking for fat loss).

im not really up on the details of the prog. but it does state that "muscle confusion" is a main principle which enables folks to see results.........obviously that bogus claim is a problem for anyone whose done even a small amount of BB research.

bottom line is the prog. seems to be a lifting/eating sched. that freq. changes up the w/os (the muscle conf. part) while keeping the diet pretty consistant ( hi pro. low(ish) carbs and only good fats). honestly it seems like simply a strategy to have folks eat better and w/o consistently (by freq. changing w/os to limit boredom) its just been dressed up, packaged and given a catchy name so folks wont mind dropping $$$ on something they could prob. put together on their own.

good luck

I believe someone on this bored once stated that he decided he wanted to confuse his muscles...so he told his muscles a riddle.

Anyways...If you are a computer person, you can find all the videos on the net. I've watched the infomercials and saw some of the videos. I'd say if someone is looking to cut body fat and tone up, then it would be a good program. I don't think anyone make the muscle gains they show without doing some "extra" stuff.

All in all, if someone is looking to tone up and lose some fat, go for it, but if they are looking to add muscle mass, stick to the iron.

BTW...if you watch the videos, it's a guarantee that you'll want to reach into the tv and pull Tony out and punch him to death just for being overly positive and annoying. But you have to admit, for being over 50, they guy does look good.

very old thread, but figured i'd respond.

I did HST exclusively and as meticulously as possible from around '04 all the way to mid '09 and saw some good mass and strength gains. I also was very anal about my diet and kept track of everything (i'm an accountant :) ), tinkering with different variables each cycle, etc. I have taken no prolonged time off from training since 2001 outside of the scheduled SD periods (9-14 days) in the HST program.

In '09 someone gave me p90x and i gave it a try. It provided by far the best results I've ever gotten. I, a trained individual, not only dropped huge amounts of fat (over 20 lbs -way more than I even thought I had on my body!) but also put on around 10-15 pounds of muscle at the same time over only a 2 month period (again, I keep records of my weight, bf%, and measurements - so its not a guess). Totally changed my body. HST is great and I still use it when trying to pack on a few pounds of muscle, but if you haven't done p90x, even if you are highly active and trained, give it a try (with the diet!). I don't know why it worked so much better than anything else, but it does!

Can't recommend it highly enough.

If anyone else has tried the program in the 3 years since this thread started, please respond with your experience.

Back