philheath's Training Log

philheath

Hey guys,
I just got som serious help(OK, someone did it for me, thanks Lol again!) with my HST routine and got suggested that I should keep a training log, so this is it :) my split is W/F/Sun. I am going to start logging when I next wednesday test my 15 RMs, friday 10 RMs, and on sunday my 5 RMs, so I'll stick to my current routine for the last two workouts of the week which I will not log, since it is no HST routine apart from that it is a fullbody workout.

I have been working out for one year now, and I really hope to see some great gains from HST!

This is my routine, switching from A to B (eg. two weeks A/B/A B/A/B)

A:
DB Incline Bench
Bent over BB Row
Seated BB Press
Back Squat
Extras(arms, abs, calves)

B:
Dip
Pull-Up
Seated DB Press
Deadlifts
Extras(arms, abs, calves)

15s: 30 reps/exercise = 2x15
10s: 20 reps/exercise = 2x10
5s: 15 reps/exercise = 3x5 (plus an additional high-rep set 10-15 reps with ~75% of the working load)
Post-5s: 15 reps/exercise = 3x5 sticking with my 5 RMs(plus additional high-rep set as in the 5s)

I am bulking, and will continue to do that during my first cycle, so I am waiting for some serious gains!

Last edited:
Did my first 15 RM testing workout today - was done real fast! Got all my 15 RMs for all the exercises from A and B, and have noted these. On Friday I'll do my 10 RMs testing workout and on Sunday my 5s. Real motivated about going into my first HST cycle!

Yo training log, waddup? Lol! Well, I am sitting in the gym and I just did my 10 RM testing workout, went nice and smoothly, could up the weights to where I have never been before, felt real good. Again, workout was between 45-55 min. so not to long in my opinion regarding the number of exercises which had to be performed. One thing I noticed is that one can maintain intensity a LOT better when doing fewer sets - I don't feel so burned out, which is an absolutely awesome thing \m/ On Sunday I am doing the 5 RM testing workout, and then 9 days SD...I know that the science supports it and I don't doubt it, it's just this psychological thing "no pain no gain" and so on, ah well, it has to be done, muscle growth maximized afterwards! :D btw, setup with the weights and stuff
I will upload after the 5 RM testing workout, just a hint: don't laugh at the weights lol

Last edited:
I just finished my 5 RMs testing workout today and it felt real good, went heavy today :D sooo, I will post my weight and reps setup and stuff later in the week, since I don't have time tonight. Anyways, I am now officially entering SD and my next workout is in 9 days on Wednesday. C ya then!

Yo, got everything sorted out and have written these in the documents attached - some weights are pretty low(even for me lol) because I just can't do more there. It's at least good to know that I can increase the weights after this cycle ;) SD kinda sucks, but I am back on track on Wednesday again \m/

Today - my first HST 15s workout...I thought SD sucked, now I hate SD! Today I worked with weights that I easily could have worked with last week, but today...holy cow, and only twenty minutes?! The first two exercises I thought, this is embarrassing, then I had MP, Squat coming up. Those squats were making me sick as hell, I would have never thought that 2x15 with 40 kg would BURN that much. Now, the Calf Press was a torture afterwards, because of the squats...
Got all my reps, with all the weight. But I can almost for sure say that the 15s will be my least favourite rep range!

Incline DB Press: 20 kg x 2 x 15
Bent over BB Row : 10 kg x 2 x 15
MP: 2.5 kg(!) x 2 x 15
Squat: 40 kg x 2 x 15
Calf Press: 5 kg x 2 x 15

I am just sitting in the car getting a ride home, eating my chicken breasts with brown rice, and am making myself ready for a sore day tomorrow...;)

Last edited:
Yep - the 15's are tricky to say the least, especially day 1 after an SD. You'll likely feel the DOMS in two days if your legs heal up normally - and it should be a fun bout of DOMS. Best of luck through the rest of the 15's and through the cycle as well!

Yep - the 15's are tricky to say the least, especially day 1 after an SD. You'll likely feel the DOMS in two days if your legs heal up normally - and it should be a fun bout of DOMS. Best of luck through the rest of the 15's and through the cycle as well!

Yeah, I kind of hope that it will not be too brutal...because IF it is, it will be even worse later on in the 15s :(
Thanks man, I have high expectations for this cycle, as I am not too big...as you maybe already have noticed regarding the weights lol. But hey, it is not where I am at that matters, it is where I will be :)

following his report,

I'm also starting my first cycle of HST,
I'm in SD period and anxious to get started.

good luck and good gains

The first 15s workout following SD is always a bit of a pig. Fear not, you will start to get your strength and stamina back as the loads go up. It is actually possible to get to love the 15s! Then again, I am a bit of a lactate junky.

The first 15s workout following SD is always a bit of a pig. Fear not, you will start to get your strength and stamina back as the loads go up. It is actually possible to get to love the 15s! Then again, I am a bit of a lactate junky.

I hope so, obviously my condition will go up, but I still think that the 15s will become hard. Haha, the BURN, yeah it kind of depends, the burn you get from squats is pretty intense though!

Did my 15 B workout today - fortunately my energy levels were significantly higher today than last workout. Though I only got like 11 reps on the second set of Pull-Ups, I did 4 after my workout, I kind of had too little rest between those sets - you always learn. What do you guys think, is this okay or will this hinder my process? I think not, because at this stage I am still a bit deconditioned, and my choosing of little longer rest between the sets will fix this.

Dips: 50 kg(assisted) x 2 x 15
Pull-Ups: 50 kg(assisted) x 1 x 15 + 1 x 11 + 1 x 4
DB Shoulder Press: 12 kg x 2 x 15
Deadlifts: 25 kg x 2 x 15
EZ-Bar Curls 10 kg x 2 x 15

Nothing weird today, except the Pull-Ups' reps which got a little messed up. Oh, and the DL for 15 reps was an interesting experience, I wonder if I am going to pass out in the maxweight-workout lol. Otherwise, good workout!

Last edited:
So today I did my 15 A workout again, heavier this time - this workout was "easier" than the last time I did A. I didn't get as much burn today with the squats compared to last time. But I guess that my strength is coming back up again. Today I took as much rest as I needed and it felt better this time, I didn't restrict myself with set out rest times. I was done in about 30 min. which again is a pleasant surprise!

DB Incline Press: 30 kg x 2 x 15
Bent over BB Row: 20 kg x 2 x 15
MP: 5 kg x 2 x 15
Squats: 50 kg x 2 x 15
Seated Calf Press: 7.5 kg x 2 x 15

Nice compact workout - starting to love HST.

Last edited:
Workout B today:

Dips: 55 kg(assisted) x 2 x 15
Pull-Ups: 55 kg(assisted) x 2 x 15
DB Shoulder Press: 14 kg x 2 x 15
Deadlifts: 35 kg x 2 x 15
EZ-Bar Curl: 15 kg x 2 x 15 (I have to admit that I am guilty of not so good form on the last reps of the second set)

Nothing weird or exceptional, except that I looked bigger than usual...now I probably don't want to say anything yet, but I certainly look bigger - could be the pump, but still. HST seems to work - maybe! We'll see in the end of this cycle.

Phil good workout,
apparently right in the first 15 weeks, the HST already gives a large swelling in muscles, must surely be fluid retention or pump, but any gain is good.

My SD only ends on Monday. I'm anxious to get well.
The bad thing is that even after the SD loads only return to get interesting from the second week.

Phil good workout,
apparently right in the first 15 weeks, the HST already gives a large swelling in muscles, must surely be fluid retention or pump, but any gain is good.

My SD only ends on Monday. I'm anxious to get well.
The bad thing is that even after the SD loads only return to get interesting from the second week.

Thanks man, yep I kind of see this "swelling" you mentioned, I hope that it will continue during the whole cycle! Of course the load isn't very impressive in the beginning, but I still feel as mentioned earlier in the log, that the first workout after the SD is pretty hard. I wish you all the best with your cycle!

Holy ****. That's all I am going to say. This was the most intense workout I ever have done. 38 minutes of hell. Those squats were so hard - I am a person that never doubts himself, but when I was going into the second set of squats, it started to fill my mind. This caused me to use those securitypins, if the bar would fall down. Now fortunately I never had to use them. I am glad that the 15s are over, at least for workout A. Really. It really kicked my ass. Real hard. And I couldn't get that last 15th rep on the second set of the DB Incline Press, kind of frustrating, but oh well. Good workout, done in 38 min. But I now know that the length of the workout does not define the intensity.

DB Incline Press: 40 kg x 1 x 15 + 1 x 14
Bent over BB Row: 30 kg x 2 x 15
MP: 7.5 kg x 2 x 15
BB Squat: 60 kg x 2 x 15
Seated Calf Press: 10 kg x 2 x 15

Oh, on the second set of squats I had to lock out at the top at like the 11th rep. Was real intense. Now there's only Sunday left of the 15s with workout B, then I am going into the 10s. Soon I'll wave goodbye to the 15s :D

Back