PLEASE HELP something is wrong with my abs

UCS1932

I'm 30 years old 6 ft 5, 225 lbs and lean w/ 6 to 7% body fat. I noticed that even being this lean my abs seem to protrude and I haven't GAINED an ounce of muscle on my abs whiole doing HST. Although my other muscles are growing. I used to have great abs when I was young, they were rock hard and prominent. I did take several long layoffs and my ab muscles atrophied. But now my abs muscles look like one long mass. I can only see a 6 pack when I hold my stomach in(and it's barely a 6 pack), but still my ab muscles aren't prominent like they used to be. And trust me, it's not because of body fat levels. I'm extremely lean. I've put on 30 lbs this year from HST!! Went from 195 to 225 this year. About 18 of those pounds are simply muscle regrowth.

I've been doing some research and I think I have a muscular/strength imbalance between my Transverse Abdominis and Rectus Abdominis. My Transverse Abdominis is so weak and small compared to my Rectus Abdominis, that it's making my abs protrude since it's not able to support the Rectus Abdominis muscles.

I beleive the reason why my abs haven't regrown is because the imbalance is causing a neuromuscular problem and I'm not actually working my abs when I do ab exercises, but my hips or something else. PLEASE HELP Bryan and others

Well first, how are you determining that you are at 6 to 7% bodyfat? Many bodyfat measurement methods are rather inaccurate.

Second, if your abs are protruding, that points to visceral adipose tissue which basically, in layman terms, means that you have fat around your organs which makes your midsection protrude even when you don't have a lot of subcutaneous fat in the area.

Back