Pre and Post nutrition

KennethDenmark

Hey guys,

as said above you know any meals thet super for before and after training, since i prefer clean foods over supplements?

thanks

Oats and whey in water before.

Oats and whey and a banana in whole milk after.

Blended.

Calories and amounts depends on your bwt and aims

Brix

What if you don't take whey?
I would start eating it.

Price per gram the cheapest protein source I’ve found is the whey protein sold a t Walmart. It beats tuna, chicken breast everything. Whey is also a fast absorbing protein thus ideal for post workout nutrition. It also has other advantages.

Since you seem to want to optimize your gains whey protein is a good thing to add to your diet, especial post and even pre workout.

Oatmeal is the main source of carbs in my shakes since its cheap, complex carb blends well and is suppose to be good for your heart.

I would start eating it.

Price per gram the cheapest protein source I’ve found is the whey protein sold a t Walmart. It beats tuna, chicken breast everything. Whey is also a fast absorbing protein thus ideal for post workout nutrition. It also has other advantages.

Since you seem to want to optimize your gains whey protein is a good thing to add to your diet, especial post and even pre workout.

Oatmeal is the main source of carbs in my shakes since its cheap, complex carb blends well and is suppose to be good for your heart.
You've learned to know my goals very well :)

I currently eat oatmeal because I've heard of it's general good value to the body but you just put it in your milk/whey shake without cooking it...? Sounds like a stupid question but I've never heard of that before..... Haha.

Btw. What type of creatine would you suggest? I don't really understand the whole mumbo jumbo about which one to get etc. I currently get my creatine from a GNC store.

Last edited:
I currently eat oatmeal because I've heard of it's general good value to the body but you just put it in your milk/whey shake without cooking it...?
Yup I just put it in my shake uncooked. It just mixes in with everything else.

Btw. What type of creatine would you suggest?
I can’t suggest any particular brand based on research. I just buy the stuff sold at Walmart which is also where I get my whey protein. Seems to work fine for me.

Most foods, including oats, in their natural state - ie; uncooked - are better for you.
Cooking takes a lot of the goodness out of stuff.

Oats, blended in a mixer becomes very fine and drinkable.

Brix

Creatine - just buy monohydrate. If you buy it online, make sure to get creatine made from creapure creatine. That's about it though.

Most foods, including oats, in their natural state - ie; uncooked - are better for you.
Cooking takes a lot of the goodness out of stuff.

Oats, blended in a mixer becomes very fine and drinkable.

Brix
Good thing I have a mixer! Thanks for the tip, would've never known I could do that....
Creatine - just buy monohydrate. If you buy it online, make sure to get creatine made from creapure creatine. That's about it though.
I was researching the creatines and I came upon an article on bodybuilding.com that showed that based on research less than 1% of creatine monohydrate reaches the skeletal muscles then they proceeded to describe the different forms of creatine etc. Based upon that article the best form of creatine is CEE so I'll probably be going with that type of creatine...

that article was bs, just so you know. I'm at the beach right now but I can post studies later. CEE is a waste of money.

that article was bs, just so you know. I'm at the beach right now but I can post studies later. CEE is a waste of money.
Really? Yeah, I'd love if you showed me some studies.... I want to know what I'm getting and the fact behind it. Btw. The difference between whey contrate/isolate is basically the purity right and how much the body can absorb of it?
Well, you didnt know you could eat oats without cooking them first, so dont know what your level of knowledge is...
I didn't mean that in a bad way! Haha, I seriously didn't know that people actually did that, I was cooking them etc.

Back