Protecting the wrists during HST

malu

for the past couple of weeks my routine has basically just involved dips,deadlifts,squats,pullups,barbell curl,clean and press..etc..etc.

and i've been really feeling it on my wrists

last week it was my left wrist..i could feel a stress on it..nothing that would qualify as pain. now its my right wrist joint..this ones a little worse.

so how should anyone protect their wrists at the gym?

I notice my wrists will hurt after doing dips real heavy. Just watch how you put the weight back down, do wrist rotations between sets, and for exercises pullups or deadlifts you could use straps.

malu,
During my last cycle, after continuing for 1 week with 5RM before going into the post-5's, I experienced some irritation in the elbows (especially during skullcrushers) and wrists (especially during BB curls). After dropping these iso's, everything went to normal again and I was able to go on with the heavy compounds. That's one of the reasons I say incorporate iso's right from the beginning, follow normal progression and drop them once you reach the post-5's.

I don't know if this is your case, but you might want to drop some arm iso's (like BB curls) and see what happens. And, as colby said, be careful with heavy dips, too.

Cheers,
Dimitris

Anytime I include barbell curls in my routine my wrists and forearms start bothering my towards the end of 10s and through the 5s even when using an e-z curl bar.  They hurt during dips especially.  Once I switched to incline db curls, I didn't have any problems with wrists or forearms.

Back