protein bar

• Thread starter imported_dreadrok
  • Start date
I

imported_dreadrok

I have a hard time taking my meals with me everywhere i go so i was wondering if there is a good protien bar i can get that will aid in my HST session for MASS. Im going to really try to up my cals this time and gain alot. I previously have fluttered above maintanance and just ate more protien.. all clean tho.. This time im going to try to really gain some weight.. so any recomendations would be great
thanks

watch out now, a lot of those bars are crap. Your better off carrying around some asorted nuts and eating PB&J (natty or course). If you buy bars, look for hydroginated oils and sat fats....

how about oatmeal bars? :D comments? are they crap too?
when traveling a lot ... i can't bring my loaves of bread.
laugh.gif

How many kcals can you get out of a bar??? I know some outlets seel the MRPs the miltary use for their troops. A good 1000kcals in there or so.

I prefer to drink tho. Chewing gets irritating after a while...especialy if the taste aint that good. Oatmeal bars.........yak!
laugh.gif

I made my own bars for when I need/want a snack and don't have time for a meal. The bars have oatmeal, peanut butter, almonds, flax and stuff like that in them. They actually taste quite good, as opposed to most protein bars I've tried with are so dry and tough, it's like trying to eat a shoe. You can make your own bars like that really easily, as long as you can cook.

I like the Detour bars...taste pretty good...have about equal protein and cards and about 330cals each...I try to keep one handy at work for when I get busy and cant eat a real meal...
Just my .02
Sphinx

totenz - wow good idea about cooking your own bars. i think i want to learn how to cook now! hmmm...chewing bars while driving ...
what about fast food? what do you think about those? (as long as you don't eat them everyday i think that's fine?) high in protein and high in fat
laugh.gif

I'm not sure. It's pretty cheap though. All the ingredients I bought were cheap, and I didn't use them up in the process. I could probably make a couple more batches from what I have left. I would guess altogether, the ingredients cost around maybe $10 if you include the small amount of milk I put in, so that's about $2 or $3 a batch, and each batch made 12 servings, so that's about $0.25 per serving. That's the high estimate. I imagine the actual cost was a bit lower than that.

Totentanz, care to post up a recipe along with "cooking" instructions? Or if you have a link you can send along...we'd be appreciative!

Back