Protein+Creatine

I might be wrong but why use supplemented creatine when you can receive >5 grams from 2.2lbs lean red meat ? I think if you eat the right type of foods replenishing what little creatine you used would be no problem on your off days.

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Proteios Posted on Oct. 09 2002,4:51
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I might be wrong but why use supplemented creatine when you can receive &gt;5 grams from 2.2lbs lean red meat ? I think if you eat the right type of foods replenishing what little creatine you used would be no problem on your off days.
<span =''>
That is a lot of red meat to eat in a day. The saturated fat would be a problem, and if you went for really lean red meat you would probably spend 10 times as much on meat in a month than you would on creatine alone.

A sufficient maintainance dose is around 2.5-3 grams right ? Again I might be wrong here, 2 grams of it is can come from endogenous creatine, based on what I remember its around there.
The 1.5 or 2.5 whichever grams left could be recieved from 10-17 oz of lean red meat and thats what we usually eat anyways.
just my 2 cents. :)

But creatine is probably the cheapest supplement any of us are using, so what's the harm of taking a little every day? Even if just a little is getting to the muscle (because they are already saturated) -- we're talking pennies here.

Not to mention I've seen research showing creatine has cognitive benefits, too. (God knows I need as many of those as I can get.) So even if your muscles are full, there may be other reasons to consume it. (Maybe not 10g/day, but a little.)

Cool Bruce Lee quote, BTW.

Well taking it in excess when creatine storages are filled is useless. Extracelluar creatine that cannot get inside the cell is only piss out.

Well this is just a matter of preferences I guess. I still had the same type of effects taking it only on my workout days compared to when I use to do it everyday.

Thank you pick them myself
worship.gif

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Proteios Posted on Oct. 11 2002,3:13
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A sufficient maintainance dose is around 2.5-3 grams right ? Again I might be wrong here, 2 grams of it is can come from endogenous creatine, based on what I remember its around there.
The 1.5 or 2.5 whichever grams left could be recieved from 10-17 oz of lean red meat and thats what we usually eat anyways.
just my 2 cents.
<span =''>
You know you should only have a deck of cards size piece of red meat a day, right??
tounge.gif
Just kidding!!! If you have the money, then your method would work.

Having been taking Creatine pretty much since it first appeared on the market (at least here in UK - which was probably 10 yrs after everywhere else anyway&#33;) I also have been struggling to identify how much, if any, progress I have made with it.

Part of my problem, has been taking it with other supplements, particularly ephedrine/caffeine/guarana stacks, pre-workout, which I understand does reduce absorbtion rate, and subsequently does then become waste product.

My current plan, of which I am just starting week 3, (onto my 10s of HST,) is to take 10g of Creatine before breakfast, with juice, and then immediately after the workout, about 10hrs later - also 10g with juice.
On non-workout days, I just take the morning one.

What I am also trying to do, based on studies that CellTech promote on their creatine band, is to make sure that I take 75g of simple carbs with each intake of Creatine, as this apparently raises insulin levels, which in turn, increases absorbtion of the stuff.
This means that with each glass of juice, containing 35g of carbs, and 10g of Creatine, I add 40g of sugar (topped up with a little water.

This, and 50g of whey-protein in water, is also all I am currently taking post-workout at the moment too.

I have currently only being trying this for the last 2 weeks, so no noticeable results yets, as it has also tied in with my first 2 week cycle of 15s of HST anyway.

Any opinions gladly accepted....

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What I am also trying to do, based on studies that CellTech promote on their creatine band, is to make sure that I take 75g of simple carbs with each intake of Creatine, as this apparently raises insulin levels, which in turn, increases absorbtion of the stuff.
<span =''>
It is necessary that you use dextrose to follow these guidelines. What they are copying is a test performed to test people for diabetes. 75g of dextrose was determined to cause the greatest release of insulin and so they use that as the standard. It has to be dextrose though, not glucose or fructose, because of differences in glycemic indexes.

Thanks BIZ.

I'm not too hot on all the scientific stuff, but would sugar not have a similar effect also, as it does spike the blood and give an 'energy rush'?

I also vaguely recall, from Ellington Darden's website, (what happened to that?) that he also ran an experiment, a couple of years ago, whereby creatine was taken with Xg of sugar in water, and taken gradually throughout the day.

I cant find the website anymore, and therefore don't know what the outcome was.

Would you suggest then, that I just mix dextrose with water, or juice?
(Still cheaper than CellTech tho&#33;)

Glucose will help with creatine absorption due to higher insulin levels, yes. Exercise can do the same thing too. I found a very cheap way of making my own cell-tech minus the ALA. I went to the grocery and went through all their juice mixes and found an Always Save Fruit Punch (generic stuff) that used dextrose as the sweetener and had sodium as well. It cost me about $2. I bought creatine in bulk and had a way cheaper version of the supposed &quot;best&quot; stuff you can get and I knew exactly how much creatine and dextrose was going into each serving.

Cell tech is a pretty decent creatine product. But you can get the same thing from creatine and raw dextrose (sugar). Nothing too significant in there formula to mention besides those two.
OR you can get the same thing with red meat and a bannana.
tounge.gif

Back