Relation between muscular fatigue and hypertrophy?

Michel

I believe that Bryan said something along the lines that the main stimulus for hypertrophy is micro tears of the muscle cells, which is very much a mechanical process.

But I was wondering how important or irrelevant muscular fatigue is as a stimulus for hypertrophy? In other words, does fatigue trigger hypertrophy at all?

E.g. if you were to do 1 rep/minute, for a couple of hours, you would probably keep fatigue to a minimum, but would it be beneficial for hypertrophy (disregarding the practicality of this kind of routine)?
On the other hand you could do 3 sets to failure, with a minute of rest between sets, and get a good pump and lot of fatigue, but with only a fraction of the reps and arguably a fraction of the "mechanical tear" on the muscle.

What do you think? Or better yet, what do you know regarding this?

Dan Moore's Max Stim research is basically along those lines. He suggests a routine where you rest between reps to keep fatigue low while generating hypertrophyc stimuli. There are plenty of posts regarding MaxStim and sometimes Dan Moore himself posts on this forum. Many people have posted having great success using this approach both in strength and in hypertrophy.

<div>
(Michel @ Jun. 12 2009,9:40)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">But I was wondering how important or irrelevant muscular fatigue is as a stimulus for hypertrophy? In other words, does fatigue trigger hypertrophy at all?

E.g. if you were to do 1 rep/minute, for a couple of hours, you would probably keep fatigue to a minimum, but would it be beneficial for hypertrophy (disregarding the practicality of this kind of routine)?
On the other hand you could do 3 sets to failure, with a minute of rest between sets, and get a good pump and lot of fatigue, but with only a fraction of the reps and arguably a fraction of the &quot;mechanical tear&quot; on the muscle.

What do you think? Or better yet, what do you know regarding this?</div>
Fatigue and muscle pump are not good indicators that a workout will have successfully elicited a hypertrophic response in the muscle tissue exercised.

The only reason I can think of where fatigue is helpful for hypertrophy is when using lighter loads; fast twitch fibres will be called into play once the slow twitch fibres are fatigued. BUT, a PS response will only be achieved if the muscle tissue (being subjected to the loading) is still sensitive to the amount of strain being applied. This will be more likely to be true at the start of a cycle following a period of deconditioning.

If you were to do 1 rep/minute with a load less than ~75% of your 1RM you might 'never' apply any strain to the fast twitch fibres in the tissue because they would 'never' be needed to perform a rep. If, on the other hand, you used a load &gt;~85% of 1RM then, generally speaking, all fibres would be firing from the first rep. Even if you chose to keep fatigue low by going down this route, you would still need to do enough total reps for enough TUT to ensure a decent PS response was triggered which, in turn, would depend on the present level of conditioning.

If you make fatigue a part of your training you will get better at handling fatigue but it is not an important factor in muscle hypertrophy. Load is still king.

<div>
(Michel @ Jun. 12 2009,9:40)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">But I was wondering how important or irrelevant muscular fatigue is as a stimulus for hypertrophy? In other words, does fatigue trigger hypertrophy at all?</div>
fatigue isnt needed at all TBH,you could train for years without training to faliure and still grow,as LOL said its only realy needed with low weights to engage all fibres.

Thanks for the replies.

More than an indicator of hypertrophy, I was wondering if fatigue in some way *elicits* or *enhances* the hypertrophic response. But according to your replies, it basically doesn't.

Yet intuitively it seems that it's not the same to do a total of 30 reps, 1 rep/60sec vs. 1 rep/30sec vs 1 rep/10sec. Wouldn't the last have a greater hypertrophic effect as you do the same amount of work in less time? Thus, wouldn't the logical conclusion be that one should strive to complete the reps in the least possible time? If this is true, what is it that enhances the hypertrophy effect by reducing the workout time? Something metabolic? And maybe the metabolic effect manifests itself as fatigue. So perhaps it's impossible to avoid fatigue if one wants to achieve the maximum hypertrophic response.

Lots of questions, but I'm just &quot;thinking out loud&quot; here.

Either way, I'll look into Max Stim.
Thanks

<div>
(Michel @ Jun. 12 2009,1:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Thanks for the replies.

More than an indicator of hypertrophy, I was wondering if fatigue in some way *elicits* or *enhances* the hypertrophic response. But according to your replies, it basically doesn't.

Yet intuitively it seems that it's not the same to do a total of 30 reps, 1 rep/60sec vs. 1 rep/30sec vs 1 rep/10sec. Wouldn't the last have a greater hypertrophic effect as you do the same amount of work in less time? Thus, wouldn't the logical conclusion be that one should strive to complete the reps in the least possible time? If this is true, what is it that enhances the hypertrophy effect by reducing the workout time? Something metabolic? And maybe the metabolic effect manifests itself as fatigue. So perhaps it's impossible to avoid fatigue if one wants to achieve the maximum hypertrophic response.

Lots of questions, but I'm just &quot;thinking out loud&quot; here.

Either way, I'll look into Max Stim.
Thanks</div>
Read my new post in the Hypertrophy Research forum. Although it doesn't address the frequency of contraction per se it does begin to allude that intensities affect is recruitment and even when loads as low as 30% 1RM are utilized they can induce significant amounts of MPS (not hypertrophy just MPS), if carried out to failure. But in regards to that the time needed (number of reps needed) is significantly lengthened as well.

So if fatigue does do anything it would be in the realm of recruitment, mostly. WRT, 3 sets of 30 reps at your 30% 1RM to failure equates to the same MPS elevations as 4 sets of 4 with your 90% 1RM because as the MU's fatigue all are recruited eventually to continue force production.

Granted this isn't novel but at the least some academics are beginning to look in the correct direction anyway.

Now if they would only research how the temporal pattern of contraction affects things you and I may both get an answer to our questions.

Thanks Dan. That study partially answered my initial question. But do we know for sure that MPS isn't a good thing for, or unrelated to, hypertrophy?

<div>
(Michel @ Jun. 13 2009,2:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Thanks Dan. That study partially answered my initial question. But do we know for sure that MPS isn't a good thing for, or unrelated to, hypertrophy?</div>
Quite the contrary, MPS is a good thing for hypertrophy if it's muscle specific fractions.

When studies are cited sometimes you have an audience that demands more than just MPS changes which is why I made that comment, IOW it only measured MPS and not morphological changes and I wanted to make that clear.

Thanks for clearing that up.

So the conclusion is that if it weren't for the negative effect fatigue has on subsequent sets, and workouts, fatigue in itself is actually good for hypertrophy; in other words, if it didn't impact on performance, and if we could recuperate quickly from it, we should strive for it.

Is that a correct interpretation?

the short answer is the magnitude of tension applied to the muscle is what triggers a hypertrophic response.. it was explained by bryan so on and so forth many times before.. fatigue is a neurological phenomena not a muscular or skeletal.. our muscles can recover as fast but our CNS cannot.. thats why the best program for strength or hypertrophy is always focused on progressive tension while trying to minimize fatigue in order to maximize both strength and muscle gains.. compare the muscles of a long distance runner and a sprinter, the sprinter is much more muscular because he/she utilizes tension than fatigue..

Dan, is it possible that bouts to fatigue could actually promote certain metabolic or hormonal effects which would increase PS to a greater extent? Such as with increased insulin levels during exercise where amino acid transport and various transcription/translastional factors are enhanced.

Also, I can't recall if the study you cite measures fatigue across a whole session or just a set or two. Could it be that working to failure is beneficial up to a certain point, at which time fatigue results in an overall reduction in our ability to handle the load, as well as the onset of CNS issues as we progress through the cycle.

<div>
(ryder22 @ Jun. 13 2009,4:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">the short answer is the magnitude of tension applied to the muscle is what triggers a hypertrophic response.. it was explained by bryan so on and so forth many times before.. fatigue is a neurological phenomena not a muscular or skeletal.. our muscles can recover as fast but our CNS cannot.. thats why the best program for strength or hypertrophy is always focused on progressive tension while trying to minimize fatigue in order to maximize both strength and muscle gains.. compare the muscles of a long distance runner and a sprinter, the sprinter is much more muscular because he/she utilizes tension than fatigue..</div>
I've read through Dan's pdf on Max Stim, and there he states: &quot;It has long been realized that the metabolic cost of muscle activation is a primary factor in fatigue&quot;, as opposed to something neurological.

Either way, if tension is the only factor then it should make no difference to do 3x10 (traditional sets) vs 30 x 1rep/min, as the TUT is the same. Yet wouldn't the traditional sets have a greater hypotrophic effect? Like I said in my second post, intuitively it would seem so. So if we disregard the negative impact fatigue might have on following workouts, wouldn't it be the ideal way to train?

If the equation were as simple as &quot;tension&quot; and &quot;TUT&quot; then it wouldn't matter in what fashion you perform the reps. And yet it would seem it does matter.

<div>
(Michel @ Jun. 13 2009,10:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Either way, if tension is the only factor then it should make no difference to do 3x10 (traditional sets) vs 30 x 1rep/min, as the TUT is the same. Yet wouldn't the traditional sets have a greater hypotrophic effect? Like I said in my second post, intuitively it would seem so. So if we disregard the negative impact fatigue might have on following workouts, wouldn't it be the ideal way to train?

If the equation were as simple as &quot;tension&quot; and &quot;TUT&quot; then it wouldn't matter in what fashion you perform the reps. And yet it would seem it does matter.</div>
This is where the load used makes all the difference: if the load is heavy enough to recruit all muscle fibres (say ~85% 1RM) then whether you perform 1 rep/minute for 30 mins or 6 sets of 5 reps, you will still have performed the same amount of work and the TUT will, to all intents and purposes, be the same.

If, on the other hand, the load is light enough such that a 10-rep set is possible, then singles performed once-a-minute would be unlikely to recruit as many fibres as a set of 10 reps; rising fatigue levels would cause recruitment of more fibres in both cases but, in the first case, the level of fatigue would rise more gradually and would be unlikely to ever reach the level of a ten-rep set - so fewer fast twitch fibres would be recruited. TUT would therefore not be equivalent in this case and so a set of 10 reps might well produce more of a hypertrophic effect.

<div>
(omega99 @ Jun. 13 2009,5:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dan, is it possible that bouts to fatigue could actually promote certain metabolic or hormonal effects which would increase PS to a greater extent?

Also, I can't recall if the study you cite measures fatigue across a whole session or just a set or two. Could it be that working to failure is beneficial up to a certain point, at which time fatigue results in an overall reduction in our ability to handle the load, as well as the onset of CNS issues as we progress through the cycle.</div>
Well it's known that continually working to failure can induce metabolic changes that enhance metabolic recovery over time but whether this impacts MPS specifically? Not sure and I haven't seen any research that adresses this.

What I have seen is that over doing it can actually hamper MPS because the shift turns from MPS to repair and recovery of energy.

The study I cited was an acute study, looking at various sets to failure with 90% 1RM, various sets to non failure with 30% but matched for the same amount of work as the 90% to failure and a third group going to failure with 30% 1RM.

<div>
(Lol @ Jun. 13 2009,8:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"></div>
Exactly and instead of using the simple term of TUT it may be more appropriate to use TUPT (time under peak tension).

In a set of 30% 1 RM peak tension wouldn't be acheived intul some fatigue causes full recruitment and rate coding, while in 90% 1 RM peak tension is probably acheived at the onset and would begin to decline as MU's fatigue and rep speed slows.

So could one use singles with 90% 1RM and just enough rest to maintain peak tension for say 20 reps. Or perhaps a set of 8 to very near failure then continue acheiving peak tenion via inserting rest in between reps, hmmmm that sounds interesting.
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Michel @ Jun. 13 2009,4:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Is that a correct interpretation?</div>
It depends, what loads are you using? This has an obvious affect on fatigue and if too heavy the MU s fatigue too quickly, it too light it takes a while to induce enough fatigue in the MUs so that full recruitment is acheived.

One of the debates I had with Lyle is about fatigue's actual affect, to my knowledge there is nothing that occurs with fatigue that makes it advantageous other than it's impact on recruitment. Metabolically or hormonally. Rutherford, Goto, and other studies hint on there may being some advantage to metabolic fatigue but they do not show fatigue or it's metabolic constituents are actually causitive of enhanced hypertrophy or even MPS.

Does this relate?

APPLIED SCIENCES
Medicine &amp; Science in Sports &amp; Exercise. 26(9):1160-1164, September 1994.
RODNEY, KIERAN J.; HERBERT, ROBERT D.; BALNAVE, RONALD J.

Abstract:
To investigate the role of fatigue in strength training, strength increases produced by a training protocol in which subjects rested between contractions were compared with those produced when subjects did not rest. Forty-two healthy subjects were randomly allocated to either a no-rest group, a rest group, or a control group. Subjects in the two training groups trained their elbow flexor muscles by lifting a 6RM weight 6-10 times on 3 d each week for 6 wk. Subjects in the no-rest group performed repeated lifts without resting, whereas subjects in the rest group rested for 30 s between lifts. Both training groups performed the same number of lifts at the same relative intensity. The control group did not train. Subjects who trained without rests experienced significantly greater mean increases in dynamic strength (56.3% +/- 6.8% (SD)) than subjects who trained with rests (41.2% +/- 6.6%), and both training groups experienced significantly greater mean increases in dynamic strength than the control group (19.7% +/- 6.6%). It was concluded that greater short-term strength increases are achieved when subjects are required to lift training weights without resting. These findings suggest that processes associated with fatigue contribute to the strength training stimulus.

&copy;1994The American College of Sports Medicine

Interesting OFL. Quite an old study now though. And wouldn't it be so much more helpful if these studies were performed on seasoned lifters? But, of course, that would be very much more difficult to organise.

Hey, if the control group who did no training over the 6-week period had a ~20% mean increase in dynamic strength then I want what they are having!

<div>
(overfiftylifter @ Jun. 15 2009,9:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Does this relate?

APPLIED SCIENCES
Medicine &amp; Science in Sports &amp; Exercise. 26(9):1160-1164, September 1994.
RODNEY, KIERAN J.; HERBERT, ROBERT D.; BALNAVE, RONALD J.

Abstract:
To investigate the role of fatigue in strength training, strength increases produced by a training protocol in which subjects rested between contractions were compared with those produced when subjects did not rest. Forty-two healthy subjects were randomly allocated to either a no-rest group, a rest group, or a control group. Subjects in the two training groups trained their elbow flexor muscles by lifting a 6RM weight 6-10 times on 3 d each week for 6 wk. Subjects in the no-rest group performed repeated lifts without resting, whereas subjects in the rest group rested for 30 s between lifts. Both training groups performed the same number of lifts at the same relative intensity. The control group did not train. Subjects who trained without rests experienced significantly greater mean increases in dynamic strength (56.3% +/- 6.8% (SD)) than subjects who trained with rests (41.2% +/- 6.6%), and both training groups experienced significantly greater mean increases in dynamic strength than the control group (19.7% +/- 6.6%). It was concluded that greater short-term strength increases are achieved when subjects are required to lift training weights without resting. These findings suggest that processes associated with fatigue contribute to the strength training stimulus.

©1994The American College of Sports Medicine</div>
It looked at strength only, which isn't a bad thing per se but..........

Folland also researched this and found the opposite

Br J Sports Med. 2002 Oct;36(5):370-3; discussion 374.

Fatigue is not a necessary stimulus for strength gains during resistance training.

Folland JP, Irish CS, Roberts JC, Tarr JE, Jones DA.
Chelsea School Research Centre, University of Brighton, Eastbourne, UK. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: High resistance training enhances muscular strength, and recent work has suggested an important role for metabolite accumulation in this process. OBJECTIVE: To investigate the role of fatigue and metabolite accumulation in strength gains by comparing highly fatiguing and non-fatiguing isotonic training protocols. METHODS: Twenty three healthy adults (18-29 years of age; eight women) were assigned to either a high fatigue protocol (HF: four sets of 10 repetitions with 30 seconds rest between sets) to maximise metabolic stress or a low fatigue protocol (LF: 40 repetitions with 30 seconds between each repetition) to minimise changes. Subjects lifted on average 73% of their 1 repetition maximum through the full range of knee extension with both legs, three times a week. Quadriceps isometric strength of each leg was measured at a knee joint angle of 1.57 rad (90 degrees ), and a Cybex 340 isokinetic dynamometer was used to measure the angle-torque and torque-velocity relations of the non-dominant leg. RESULTS: At the mid-point of the training, the HF group had 50% greater gains in isometric strength, although this was not significant (4.5 weeks: HF, 13.3 (4.4)%; LF, 8.9 (3.6)%). This rate of increase was not sustained by the HF group, and after nine weeks of training all the strength measurements showed similar improvements for both groups (isometric strength: HF, 18.2 (3.9)%; LF, 14.5 (4.0)%). The strength gains were limited to the longer muscle lengths despite training over the full range of movement. CONCLUSIONS: Fatigue and metabolite accumulation do not appear to be critical stimuli for strength gain, and resistance training can be effective without the severe discomfort and acute physical effort associated with fatiguing contractions.

The ones that are often cited are

Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1995;71(4):332-6.

The role of metabolites in strength training. I. A comparison of eccentric and concentric contractions.

Smith RC, Rutherford OM.
Department of Physiology, St. Mary's Hospital Medical School, London, UK.

This study examined the role of high forces versus metabolic cost in the adaptations following strength training. Ten young, healthy male and female subjects trained one leg using concentric (CL) and the other using eccentric (EL) contractions of the quadriceps muscle for 20 weeks. EL used weights which were 35% higher than those used for CL. Isometric strength, and the length:tension and force:velocity relationship of the muscle were measured before and after training. Muscle cross-sectional area (CSA) was measured near the knee and hip using computed tomography. Increases in isometric strength were greater for CL compared to EL, the difference being significant with the knee at 1.57 rad (90 degrees) [mean (SD), 43.7 (19.6)% vs 22.9 (9.8)%, respectively; P = 0.01]. Increases in isokinetic strength tended to be larger for EL, although the differences were not significant. Significant increases in CSA occurred near the hip for both EL and CL. These results suggest that metabolic cost, and not high forces alone, are involved in the stimuli for muscle hypertrophy and strength gains following high-resistance training.

and the companion study

Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1995;71(4):337-41.

The role of metabolites in strength training. II. Short versus long isometric contractions.

Schott J, McCully K, Rutherford OM.
Department of Physiology, St. Mary's Hospital Medical School, London, UK.

The role of intramuscular metabolite changes in the adaptations following isometric strength training was examined by comparing the effect of short, intermittent contractions (IC) and longer, continuous (CC) contractions. In a parallel study, the changes in phosphate metabolites and pH were examined during the two protocols using whole-body nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMRS). Seven subjects trained three time per week for 14 weeks. The right leg was trained using four sets of ten contractions, each lasting 3 s with a 2-s rest period between each contraction and 2 min between each set. The left leg was trained using four 30-s contractions with a 1-min rest period between each. Both protocols involved isometric contractions at 70% of a maximum voluntary isometric contraction (MVC). The MVC, length:tension and force:velocity relationships and cross-sectional area (CSA) of each leg were measured before and after training. The increase in isometric strength was significantly greater (P = 0.041) for the CC leg (median 54.7%; P = 0.022) than for IC (31.5%; P = 0.022). There were no significant differences between the two protocols for changes in the length:tension or force:velocity relationships. There were significant increases in muscle CSA for the CC leg only. NMRS demonstrated that the changes in phosphate metabolites and pH were greater for the CC protocol. These findings suggest that factors related to the greater metabolite changes during CC training results in greater increases in isometric strength and muscle CSA.

and

Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2005 Jun;37(6):955-63. Links
The impact of metabolic stress on hormonal responses and muscular adaptations.Goto K, Ishii N, Kizuka T, Takamatsu K.
Institute of Health and Sport Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan.

PURPOSE: The purpose of this study was to examine the impact of exercise-induced metabolic stress on hormonal responses and chronic muscular adaptations. METHODS: We compared the acute and long-term effects of an &quot;NR regimen&quot; (no-rest regimen) and those of a &quot;WR regimen&quot; (regimen with rest period within a set). Twenty-six male subjects were assigned to either the NR (N = 9), WR (N = 9), or control (CON, N = 8) groups. The NR regimen consisted of 3-5 sets of 10 repetitions at 10-repetition maximum (RM) with an interset rest period of 1 min (lat pulldown, shoulder press, and bilateral knee extension). In the WR regimen, subjects completed the same protocol as the NR regimen, but took a 30-s rest period at the midpoint of each set of exercises in order to reduce exercise-induced metabolic stress. Acute hormonal responses to both regimens were measured followed by a 12-wk period of resistance training. RESULTS: Measurements of blood lactate and serum hormone concentrations after the NR and WR regimens showed that the NR regimen induced strong lactate, growth hormone (GH), epinephrine (E), and norepinephrine (NE) responses, whereas the WR regimen did not. Both regimens failed to cause significant changes in testosterone. After 12 wk of resistance training, the NR regimen caused greater increases in 1RM (P &lt; 0.01), maximal isometric strength (P &lt; 0.05), and muscular endurance (P &lt; 0.05) with knee extension than the WR regimen. The NR group showed a marked increase (P &lt; 0.01) in muscle cross-sectional area, whereas the WR and CON groups did not. CONCLUSION: These results suggest that exercise-induced metabolic stress is associated with acute GH, E, and NE responses and chronic muscular adaptations following resistance training.

Taking those three studies can lead one to believe that the acute metabolic stress induced is causitive but when comparing the protocols used it seems clear to me that the differences aren't the metabolic accumulation but the time to peak recruitment and the total time under peak recruitment. This is something that Lawton found out in his study looking specifically at intra-set rest.

J Strength Cond Res. 2006 Feb;20(1):172-6.
Effect of interrepetition rest intervals on weight training repetition power output.

Lawton TW, Cronin JB, Lindsell RP.

Strength and Conditioning, Australian Institute of Sport, Belconnen ACT.

The purpose of this study was to determine the change in weight training repetition power output as a consequence of interrepetition rest intervals. Twenty-six elite junior male basketball and soccer players performed bench presses using a 6 repetition maximum (6RM) load. The power output for each repetition was recorded using a linear encoder sampling each 10 ms (100 Hz). Subjects were assigned to 1 of 3 intervention groups, differentiated by the arrangement of rest intervals within the 6 repetitions: 6 x 1 repetition with 20-second rest periods between each repetition (Singles); 3 x 2 repetitions with 50 seconds between each pair of repetitions (Doubles); or 2 x 3 repetitions with 100 seconds of rest between each 3 repetitions (Triples). A timer was used to ensure that the rest interval and duration to complete all interrepetition interventions was equated across groups (118 seconds). Significantly (p &lt; 0.05) greater repetition power outputs (25-49%) were observed in the later repetitions (4-6) of the Singles, Doubles, and Triples loading schemes. Significantly greater total power output (21.6-25.1%) was observed for all interrepetition rest interventions when compared to traditional continuous 6RM total power output. No significant between-group differences were found (p = 0.96). We conclude that utilizing interrepetition rest intervals enables greater repetition and total power output in comparison to traditional loading parameters.

Interestingly Lawtons group saw significantly different total TUT when rest is inserted, IOW one can lift the same weight more times. Their study also showed how rest impacted metabolites.

In Wernbom's excellent review (Sports Med. 2007;37(3):225-64.), he points to an unpublished study which had one of the largest CSA changes seen and in that study there was inserted rest after each rep.

So again I don't think it is truly the metabolic constituents that are that important or rather they aren't nearly as important as time to peak recruitment, and time under peak recruitment.

Dan, or others, could you explain more simply the main reasons why Max-Stim advocates greatly reducing Fatigue via using the M-Time?

I've read the version 1.1 of the Max-Stim PDF, but its pretty heavy on the science, so I'm hoping someone can dumb it down for me....

In laymans terms, why do we want to avoid fatigue:
- it contributes little (nothing?) to the hypertrophy response in a muscle? or is possibly counter-productive?
- getting fatigued increases the recovery time?

Back