Right Shoulder Pain

SheepLegs

Hey guys! I'm new to the site and have a few questions really quick!

Little bit about me, I'm 19, 5'8, 145 pounds. I started weightlifting about 8 months ago off and on, I went from 128-145 in that time.. seems like it's all muscle cause it looks like I lost a little fat in my mid-section a little bit.

I started a regular 8-week cycle last Monday, the 23rd of April. So yesterday, on the 30th was my 4th workout for 15s.

After doing dips (with a 10 pound weight in my backpack, maybe it has to do with this?) I noticed my right shoulder was hurting a little bit when I move it a bit. Didn't really think much about it at the gym and kept going. I got home and took off my shirt and noticed that there was a small bump on my right shoulder, and it appears to be my bone! The pain is not that bad but it's still there.

Here is a picture of my left shoulder: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/photoytm.jpg/

Here is a picture of my right shoulder: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/photo1hzz.jpg/

You can kinda see a small little bump, which isn't there on my left shoulder.

Tomorrow is going to be my 5th workout of 15s and I really do not want to stop because it seems like this program is really working for me! So if anyone has some advice or if they know what that is please let me know!

Also another thing: My muscles aren't as hard as I would like them to be. I'm pretty vascular and it seems like I have grown some muscle but it's not really too hard! Does that come in time? I hope so! :(

Thank you very much for reading

If the bump is bone at the time of injury, then it could be your AC joint sprain/dislocation. I had one of those last summer. Do you have any pain on overhead movements (putting your arms over your head)? Does the bump hurt when you touch it?

Did you get the pain on a specific movement (like your 4th rep) or did it just "start" while doing dips?

Ice the area. If you're still in pain tomorrow, I'd go to a doctor. It's better to skip working out for a short period of time then really injure yourself by pushing through pain (besides tendinitis/osis) and spend months rehabbing.

By hard, do you mean your not as toned as you'd like or your muscles physically aren't "hard"? If it's the former, the less body fat you have, the more muscle you can see.

I’m with TangoDown that it looks like an AC Joint Separation. I would have a doctor look at it before doing any more lifting that involves your shoulder, which I guess is most everything. If it is an SC Joint Separation the last thing you want to do is try to push through it and make it worse.

If the bump is bone at the time of injury, then it could be your AC joint sprain/dislocation. I had one of those last summer. Do you have any pain on overhead movements (putting your arms over your head)? Does the bump hurt when you touch it?

Did you get the pain on a specific movement (like your 4th rep) or did it just "start" while doing dips?

Ice the area. If you're still in pain tomorrow, I'd go to a doctor. It's better to skip working out for a short period of time then really injure yourself by pushing through pain (besides tendinitis/osis) and spend months rehabbing.

By hard, do you mean your not as toned as you'd like or your muscles physically aren't "hard"? If it's the former, the less body fat you have, the more muscle you can see.

I don't have any pain on overhead movements, I probably should have said a little discomfort rather than pain. There was more discomfort when touching the bone. I did not notice any pain on a specific movement during the dips, I just noticed it after the 2 sets were finished.

Woke up this morning with significantly less discomfort than yesterday. Just to be safe though, I'm just going to workout my legs and abs for today (my 5th workout of 15s)

Since I'm not going to be doing chest, arms, shoulders today, will that matter too much in the long run?

And by hard I do mean physically hard. I don't really have high body fat, I probably just don't have enough muscle... yet.

thank you so much for replying guys!!

Don't know what you want your muscles to feel like :p. I mean, when they're pumped with blood, they "feel harder". Could have to do with water content, someone else can answer that.

If the bump truly appeared after you started feeling pain then that isn't normal and I would get it checked out.

When you do upper body work, if at any point you feel pain in that area, stop immediately for the day and schedule a doctor's appointment.

You should do some shoulder mobility work. I know that dips can be hard on the rotator cuff if you're doing them wrong or if you have an imbalance.

Back