Satellite Cells, Nuclei And Ribosomes

NWlifter

I can't find the old thread where we were talking about satellite cells, and I remember Bryan posted in the thread that ribosomes might be even more important. This study kinda ties that together. That additional myo-nuclei might actually be generating more ribosomes, rather than just creating more contractile proteins.

https://journals.physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1152/ajpcell.00358.2021

"we provide evidence that satellite cell-derived myonuclei may preferentially supply ribosomal proteins to growing myofibers"

I see that there must be at least two ghosts roaming the graveyard. How about a short paragraph, Ron, summarizing the gobbledygook in remedial English. ‍♂️

LOL yep, I'm the Ghost of Science Past lol

Pretty much that sentence summed it up,

"we provide evidence that satellite cell-derived myonuclei may preferentially supply ribosomal proteins to growing myofibers"

LOL ok basically, the nuclei already in the cells are cranking out the code for contractile proteins, when satellite cells donate more nuclei, much of the code for proteins, are actually to build more ribosomes, then those can actually make more actual proteins (contractile and all others). Hope that makes sense :)

It seemed before, that it was a separate process, we needed more nuclei for the contractile generation and more ribosomes to actually 'make' those proteins, but it looks like much of the donated nuclei from satellite cells, is for making more ribosomes.

Back