SCI's log

Shoulder horn
15 lb. DBs- 1x10
20 lb. DBs- 2x10

Rotator cuffs are equal now, left and right.  Right shoulder feels much better than ever.

Face pulls
100 lb.s- 3x10

I am doing shoulder health work 3-4 days/week now.

I have been going largely by feel lately, to see what works for me.  I am going to try a 4 day/week routine instead of 3/week.  This way I will be maxing out each lift once/week, and hitting each bodypart twice/week.

<u>Monday-Press Max Effort Day
</u>Standing Press- Ramping up to a max set.
Bench- 5x5 (70% of 1rm)
Dips- 5x5 (add weight as needed)

<u>Tuesday-Squat Max Effort Day
</u>Squats- Ramping up to a max set.
Deadlifts- 5x5 (70% of 1 rm)
Chins- 5x5 (add weight as needed)

<u>Thursday-Bench Max Effort Day
</u>Bench- Ramping up to a max set.
Standing Press- 5x5 (70% of 1 rm)
Dips- 5x5 (add weight as needed)

<u>Saturday-Deadlift Max Effort Day
</u>Deadlifts- Ramping up to a max set.
Squats- 5x5 (70% of 1rm)
Chins- 5x5 (add weight as needed)

<u>Standing Press
</u>Ramped up to 145x0, 140x1

<u>Bench Press
</u>145- 5x5

<u>Dips
</u>5x5

<u>Shoulder horn
</u>15x10
20x10
25x10

<u>Face Pulls
</u>95x15

I am doing the shoulder horns at the end of my workout too. I may just do them at a somewhat constant and slow progression at the same medium rep range like the 10's - yes, the one rep-phase method of HIT. My numbers are similar to yours in that respect Sci.

Today is a special log...because I am celebrating my 29th birthday.

Height: 6' 0.5&quot;
Weight: 197.6 lb.s
Waist: 35&quot;

<u>Olympic Squats
</u>135x5
185x5
225x1
245x1
255x1 -Personal Record!
cool.gif

265x0
I am getting used to Olympic Squats and my strength is rapidly improving almost as much as I used to do half-squatting!

<u>Deadlifts (conventional, raw-no belt, double-overhand grip)
</u>255 for 5 sets of 5.
These were easy, I will attempt 375 on Saturday and maybe more...

<u>Chinups
</u>Bodyweight for 5x5

Total Workout Time: 50 minutes
Total Work Output: 13,700 lb.s
Work Density: 274 lb.s/minute.

<u>Current PRs
</u>Deadlift: 365
Olympic Squat: 255
Legal Paused Bench Press (raw): 205
Standing Press: 140

And finally a Picture of me at 29! (excuse the sunburn
blush.gif
)

DSCN3918.jpg

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Mar. 26 2007,20:46)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><u>Standing Press
</u>Ramped up to 145x0, 140x1

<u>Bench Press
</u>145- 5x5

<u>Dips
</u>5x5

<u>Shoulder horn
</u>15x10
20x10
25x10

<u>Face Pulls
</u>95x15</div>
I don't think there is anything wrong with your teres minor and infraspinatus muscles if you can do 25x10. I've been regularly working on mine for about 8 months or so now and 20x12 for 3 sets is all I can handle.

I started out being in pain using only 10 lb.s for my right shoulder.

I have been training 3 sets 3-4 times/week. Just recently ALL my shoulder pain is gone and now can do 25s, though it is hard.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Mar. 28 2007,11:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I started out being in pain using only 10 lb.s for my right shoulder.

I have been training 3 sets 3-4 times/week.  Just recently ALL my shoulder pain is gone and now can do 25s, though it is hard.</div>
That's great, but just be careful NOT to go too heavy. Those are tiny muscles (especially the teres minor), and you don't need heavy weight to exercise them. It might actually be counterproductive

<u>Bench Press
</u>135x5
135x8
185x3
215x1*
185x4

215 bench was paused at chest, but not legal...my butt came off the bench about 1&quot;, I need to keep it down and try again next week.

Standing Military Press
100- 5x5

Dips
bodyweight+15 for 5x5

Shoulder horn
15sx10
20sx10
25sx10

Saturday is coming....I can't wait. I am going for 385 pounds on the conventional deadlift... I am going to warm-up all out and get psyched blowing my speakers out with metal. I KNOW I can pull that much, I just have to do it.
mad.gif

Just don't make my mistake and do any maxes beforehand and you'll hit it. I'd just thought my max 5 was kind of easy, so went for another number and failed miserably. Deads will just DRAIN you!

Bad news, I strained my right erector muscle benching yesterday. I didn't notice any problem until I woke up this morning and my right, lower back was stiff as a board.
How ironic, I set a deadlift personal record last thursday, set an olympic squat PR on tuesday, and bench pressing is what strains my back!?
tounge.gif
I was so focused on the lift, I over-arched my back, my butt came off the bench and I must of overcontracted my right erector muscle. I have been stretching it all day and it is feeling somewhat better, but forget max-effort work on deads or anything else tomorrow. I will just skip max-effort deads until next week. Tomorrow, will just do volume work for deads, squats and chins. No heavy stuff.

Darnit man, we wanted to see that PR!!! Well, best to hold your conditioning and wait, as you said. Good news on the squats there.
I saw a trainer belt a guy down to a bench once, but I'm not so sure that's really a good idea!
rock.gif

I learned my lesson about bench form...keeping your ass on the bench might not allow as much poundages, but it is much SAFER!
I have had strains like this before, no big deal, heat and stretching usually help the process.

Speedy recovery bro. You'll get the big one next week.

Just to spur you on: I got 5 good reps with 180kgs tonight, followed by 10 reps with 140kgs (no straps either - grip exercises are really working for me). Managed to keep more upright tonight which really helped throw more weight on my quads for the early part of the lift.

5 reps huh...rub it in...
mad.gif

My back is still pretty sore...I may need to take an SD this week. Maybe nothing but dips and chins, as they are purely upper body work, and I need to work on upper body strength anyway.
Squats, deads, standing presses, and benching are out as they all involve the lower back to some degree. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

<div>
(Lol @ Mar. 30 2007,22:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Speedy recovery bro. You'll get the big one next week.

Just to spur you on: I got 5 good reps with 180kgs tonight, followed by 10 reps with 140kgs (no straps either - grip exercises are really working for me). Managed to keep more upright tonight which really helped throw more weight on my quads for the early part of the lift.</div>
Watch out for the &quot;bro-ing&quot;, Lol. People will think that you've been hanging out at bb.com like me.
tounge.gif

The 5 @ 180kg is excellent, but perhaps even more the 10 @ 140. I did sumo DLs 1x/week for 2 sets in the 10s, and 2 x 10 x 240lbs (let's see...about 109kg) felt like punishment indeed.

Sci, bummer about the back. Better safe than sorry, though. I've mentioned that keeping my back at 30 degrees for safety sake is one reason that I'm trying sumos. I think of &quot;Viking Man&quot; on bb.com, who rounded his back pulling something over 500 lbs and tweaked it. He has been months trying to get back to where he can pull heavy again. In the long run, a little prudence and caution pays off, I think.

BTW, belated HB. Believe it or not my birthday is also March 27th, though the year is different. You're pretty much in between me and my sons in age.
blush.gif

Good luck with a quick recovery on the back.

Slept 10 hours...woke up feeling much better.
Tried deadlifts
135x10
225x3...nahh, maybe not a good idea, feeling a small strain on the right lower back.
Decided to just do 'beach work' instead. I'll put the strength training on hold for awhile.

Chins
5x5

Dips
BW+20- 5x5

<u>Standing Dumbell Presses
</u>40s x5
45s x5
50s x5

I feel your pain, injuries suck especially right before a PR. You'll get it. Remember, bench presses are the devil.

Back