Signs of RBE???

Captain Crunch

So what are some signs that RBE is setting in? I'm in post 5's and having a great cycle (my third with HST) and continuing for another couple of weeks at least with post 5's. I am wondering just how to tell when RBE is starting to set in. I don't want to continue if it is not beneficial. I am still increasing the weights but it is slowing down in some movements but not all. I still feel pretty good with the joints but this again is not a sign of RBE. I don't mind pusing the pain threshold a little but not if I am not making gains.

Thanks

It depends.. what are you doing for your post 5's?

-continuing with your 5RM
-doing the above, but with progression where possible
-doing negs, at 1, 2, or 3 reps?

You can read the HST Faq's on SD and RBE to get the more detailed approach on knowing when RBE will set in, but more or less:

If you are doing negs and still progressing, then RBE isn't setting in until your strength catches up with you - or in other words, you can't progress any more - you hit the plateau for that rep stage, and with negs - you really can't do too much more once you hit that point.

If you are continuing with your 5RM for certain exercises, then do that for two weeks, and then SD.

-Colby

You know RBE has caught up with you when you are not making gains any more... I don't know another way to distinguish. However, if you have been progressing until now, continue with your max weights (5RM, negatives or whatever) a couple of weeks and then SD. Your gains will most likely be pretty slow by that time.

As the others have said, if you've stopped gaining RBE is probably setting in. At times I go three or more weeks with negatives (following a full 8 week cycle). As long as I'm gaining and not showing any signs of overtraining, why stop? :) Of course, as you noted, gains do slow down...

Signs Or overtraining:
1) strength drops
2) you get sick --like a cold
3) you twitch and sake after a workout

You will hit a point where you are no longer lifting more weight -- thats part of what negs are all about. You want to continue this as long as possible.

Sometimes in the post 5s I will take an extra day or two off -- just to delay the inevitable drop in strength. You want to prolong the "post 5s" (aka negs) as long as possible, knowing all the time it is impossible..it will end :mad:

Good Luck -- Bob :D

Back