Skim MIlk

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tom Treutlein @ Dec. 07 2004,2:46)]You know...I never thought about it. What does cause them? How would one avoid 'em?
Also, Aaron, did you ever hear of or do a liver or gallbladder flush?
Tom, I am not Aaron obviously, but....

Do you have any symptoms of gallbladder distress? The primary indicator would be extreme discomfort in the upper right abdominal quadrant after high fat meals.

If you have accumulated a significant amount of gallstones and are in danger of causing a blockage in the bile ducts, then a liver/gallbladder "flush" can be an alternative to gallbladder removal.

Anyone selling a special prep for this though is full of ####. All you would need is apple juice, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.

If you are not presenting with any symptoms related to gallstones, then don't worry about it.

Kindey stones are different to gallstones, and their causes are different.

Urolithiasis is a multifactorial disease state, but is really brought forward by low fluid intake.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
You have a big insulin spike with milk.
Who cares?

the insulin spike has to do with the protein (specifically one of the whey proteins) and even whey proteins are associated with increases losses in bodyfat...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Dec. 10 2004,1:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
You have a big insulin spike with milk.
Who cares?
the insulin spike has to do with the protein (specifically one of the whey proteins) and even whey proteins are associated with increases losses in bodyfat...
as is calcium...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Dec. 11 2004,4:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ Dec. 12 2004,9:56)]as is calcium...
Dairy provides a benefit over and above that of its calcium content alone.
oh I realize, I was just pointing out that while we were on the topic of milk helping fat reduction, why not mention the calcium in milk, I think it's 300mg a cup.

I consume a reasonable amount of dairy, even on low carb diets... yoghurt, cheese, and some milk (gotta drink coffee)...

Training is going nowhere at the moment, because I am still settling into a new town and all, and hvent really gotten a chance to sign up at a new gym (and Im waiting for my paycheck :))

Good stuff!

i've always liked alot fo dairy to.

Aaron you're into strength training to right?

What do you think about Super-Squats over all? (oh, they reccomend gallons of milk as well)

The program itself isnt my idea of fun, and the main concept of drinking gallons of milk was to really get the person hypercaloric to 'see' the effect as large as possible. Creates a concept of massive growth and keeps the supersquats training out there :)

A more nutritionally variable diet would be nice than taking in large % of your calories from one food source :)

I've done them... i actually quite like them... i dunno that it's cardio....

ur supposed to use a weight u normally rep out 10 with... take a few gasps of air and rep out more until u reach 20...

when ur done them ur legs are ABSOLUTELY BALOONED!

good for getting out agression...

I can see it working for hypertrophy to it does follow the principles... to an extent.

i might give the routine a go...... probably not anytime soon...

i think i'll stick with HST.

it doesnt really follow the principles (except you pack it into a frequent workout schedule with planned progression) and there is not really much logic behind it...but if you like them - for me, why should I do all that really hard work if I get probably betther results from a small number of moderate heavy sets...in my opinion doing the 20 squats will just kill your cns and you wont be able to workout with enough frequency...

Well i suppose!

I think it's an interesting way to boost ur intensity though.

i like HST MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better.... in fact, i almost feel guilty when doing HST... it's so EASY. (relative to other crap i've done)

Can't wait till friday SD will be complete :)

Uhm to get back on the topic,
i drink between 1L and 2L of skim milk everyday, but i usualy dont eat many more dairy food aside from that, oh and i also take 1 multivitamin each day too ( it has calcium in it ) ...

is this too much ?
milk is the conveniant.
because its cheap , its very quick to prepare ( just pour it in a glass, or not, just drink it ) , and i can get some wherever i am...

also im starting to like the taste of it...

if it tastes good, is convenient and all that jazz, then why not continue.

as long as you are getting an overall variety of foods that is

Back