Sniggels Log

Thanks for both of your inputs.
I would like to lose 3 more kgs because I am planning on competing in the future (in Classic Bodybuilding), and I need to be more lean than this. So I think I need the experience. But on the other hand this is my first cutting experience and maybe I should take it easy the first time.
I have planned bulking when I am done. or maybe wait a month at maintenance first.
I am eager to try out the ABCDE and from what I´ve read, some get great results, and some get bulky.
But since I am already fairly lean I dont mind if I gain say 2 kg per bulk period and lose 1 kg per diet period. Thats "only" 1 kg plus per month anyway, and hopefully as much muscle as possible. Then I would hopefully stay lean for a longer time.
But first I need to decide when to end my cut, I´m still leaning towards taking away the last 3 kgs.

Day 3

Squat
9*110 kg
9*110 kg

Press Over Head
9*42½ kg
9*42½ kg

No Row, for yo!

Calves
9*240 kg
9*240 kg
9*240 kg
9*240 kg

Bench Press
9*82 kg

Dumbbell Curl
9*17½ kg
9*17½ kg

<div>
(Morgoth the Dark Enemy @ Mar. 22 2007,10:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If ABCDE=Anabolic Burst Cycle Diet ****, don`t do it. It was one of the stupidest ideas ever.</div>
Ok, how come?
How did it affect you?

I think it will be hard to convince me not to try it at least :p
I like trying things out.

Do you want a long and detailed argument as to why it`s a crap idea?In short:you overeat for a too long and yet too short time, you undereat for a too long yet too short time. Too much overeating for effective cutting, too much undereating for an effective sustained bulk.

If you`re into this kind of thing, why not try Intermittent Fasting?That is an effective eating regimen, contrary to the above crap. Of course, if you plan on bulking, why bother if you can simply set up your macros ok and...umm...eat. Cyclical dieting is more beneficial when trying to lose weight, when gaining it it`s a bit superfluous IMHO.

Ok. In the article about ABCDE, the periods of bulking and cutting were supposed to be optimal. But of course, it might just be in theory. I see your reasoning and many builders recommend long bulks to get the most out of it.
Thanks for your input, I will still try it and see if I agree with you afterwards or not.
smile.gif

I mean whats the worst thing that can happen? I get a little fatter without any significant muscle mass, and then I cut the fat away and make zero progress over a month.
But in the best case scenario it works as a slow bulk where I dont put any significant amount of fat (over a longer period of time)
At least I will have tried it.

I think there are two versions out the MM2k 2wk/2k and the original TA 10 day cyclical version, which is apparently &quot;the optimum&quot;

The original 10 day cycle is unknown to me. Now, if you`re up for something really esoterical, you could try Zumpano`s Rebound diet...if it could be found anywhere anymore. Or Duchaine`s and his Ultimate Diet(not Lyle`s 2.0 version, that`s too fresh
smile.gif
). 14 day cycles, about 3 types of training included, regimented food choices...the works.

Now that I`ve spewed forth the above, does anyone by change have the original Rebound diet text available?

Omg, I cant believe I sat until 3 in the morning and read UD2.0, yeah the whole thing (yeah I know you recommended Duchaine´s but I couldnt find it).
UD2.0 sounds interesting. And I would be surprised if it didnt cut away fat, it is a lot of ass-busting hard work.

<div>
(Morgoth the Dark Enemy @ Mar. 22 2007,12:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Of course, if you plan on bulking, why bother if you can simply set up your macros ok and...umm...eat.</div>
I see I didnt answer this question.

Bulking is usually quite easy yes. But I think I put on fat quite easily now if I dont control the bulk. So why not do a slow bulk? Good question!

I dont have much experience yet from bulking and cutting (2 planned bulks and 1 cut (in progres)) But on my last bulk I think I put on a good amount of fat and not very much muscle at all, and I noticed that when I started cutting after that, fat disappeared very quickly in the beginning, but then it seemed to slow off.

Thats why I wanna try cyclical diets out, maybe its good to diet for short amounts of time (easy description) to get rid of accumulated excess fat. Thats why I got interested in ABCDE, bulk out and after 2 weeks, cut away the fat and hopefully have a net gain of only muscle.
Now, after reading Lyles UD2.0 it seems more attractive, the guy seems to know what hes talking about. Just that UD2.0 is primarily designed for cutting.

The UD2.0 is an updated improved version of the Ultimate diet that Zumpano and Duchaine put up, I think Lyle tells about it in the book. In the book, on page 72, using it for mass is explained. I`d suggest looking into it
wink.gif

I stayed up till about 3 reading my copy too, on Christmas no less
laugh.gif
It's a good book and routine. Another guy on Lyle's forum had success with UD2.0 for mass, go and look for Sporto's log.

&quot;The UD2.0 is an updated improved version of the Ultimate diet that Zumpano and Duchaine put up, I think Lyle tells about it in the book. In the book, on page 72, using it for mass is explained. I`d suggest looking into it  
wink.gif
&quot;

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I saw something about that. I have 3 more kgs to take off. So now I´m thinking maybe I will either:

Complete my HST cycle at maintenance (2 weeks left) (recommended if you have already been dieting for a while to restore hormones and ****
tounge.gif
) and jump on UD2.0 and try it out for 2 weeks and see if my &quot;stubborn fat&quot; starts to disappear and if it works nice.. continue with it ´til I reach 77 kg or stop when I´m satisfied.

or

Continue dieting as I do now towards 77 and then stay at maintenance for 1-2 weeks where I check my personal records to see how strong I am.
Then try out a bulking version of UD2.0

There is just one problem. I do not have much control of what food is in the fridge. I have been unemployed for a while, looking for work and I´m living with my dad. Yeah it´s sad, 25 and living with parent but the job market is very competetive here.
But maybe I can convince him to buy certain stuff, like chicken (Eating 30-50g fat a day wont allow me to choose many different types of meat) and good vegetables and quark (spelling?) and some fish oil to get some omega-3.
I wont be eating much anyway during the cutting days (1300 kcal) so it wont be very expensive. I also have protein powder at home if I need to adjust the amount of protein at any meal.
It will be hard to stay away from all the candy he always buys and put at the TV table though lol!

&quot;I stayed up till about 3 reading my copy too, on Christmas no less  
laugh.gif
 It's a good book and routine.  Another guy on Lyle's forum had success with UD2.0 for mass, go and look for Sporto's log.
&quot;

I´ll go check that out!

I dunno if 2 weeks is enough to get stubborn fat deposits mobilised to any considerable extent, even on a UD2 like protocol. They`re called stubborn for a reason.
wink.gif

But overall, it`s your choice man...I mentioned the UD2 because you seem to fear fat-gain when on a bulk, and because it`s a very clearly strict plan leaving little place for fubarring stuff.

Fear is such a strong word
biggrin.gif

I accept fatgain, but then I want progress in muscle mass too.
We will see what happens next time I gain weight
smile.gif

Thanks for all input, I really appreciate it, you guys rock!

I have been sitting down planning my food schedule for the UD2.0 in 2 weeks. It will probably go through changes but not very big ones.
According to my calculations it will be like this:

Monday
1255 kcal (+5g fish oil not counted)
162g protein
70g carbs
35g fat

Tuesday
1258 kcal (+5g fish oil not counted)
165g protein
94g carbs
24g fat

Wednesday
1254 kcal (+5g fish oil not counted)
162g protein
70g carbs
35g fat

Thursday
AM
886 kcal (+5g fish oil not counted)
91g protein
59g carbs
31g fat
PM
2331 kcal
139g protein
415g carbs (wow)
49g fat

Friday
4242 kcal
200g protein
753g carbs (wow)
42g fat

Saturday
2862 kcal
229g protein
375g carbs
47g fat

Sunday
1265 kcal (+5g fish oil not counted)
160g protein
72g carbs
35g fat

The stuff I will eat during a week like this will cost around 320 SEK (~40 US dollars I guess) Which is extremely cheap. I already have whey and fast carbs at home so I didnt count that, but if i did, I would add 70 SEK (~8.75 US dollars) and it´still bloody cheap.

This is the food I will eat:
Quark 2½ kg
Carrots 400 gram
Chicken 1,2 kg
Some type of small round green vegetable I can´t translate 200 gram
Whey FX 120 gram
Low-fat Milk 2,2 liters / kgs (maybe about 0,6 gallons?)
Avocado 5 of them
Orange 1 big
Peanuts 80 gram
One type of flour I can´t translate (its a healthy one
tounge.gif
) 50g
Bananas 2 of them
Small white tree-like vegetable I can´t translate 100g
Kiwi 400 gram
Broccoli 100 gram
Orange Juice 1 liter / kg (0,3 gallons?)
Mass FX 650 gram
Pasta 1 kg
Tomatoes 400 gram
Cheese 110 gram
Ketchup 50 gram
Maltodextrin 80 gram
Fish Oil 25 gram

Please tell me you aren't basing your carb load around fruit and vegetables. Unless quark is part of the carb load, because I have no clue waht that is.

Back