Sniggels Log

Ok, Ill just post what I eat those days.

Thursday PM
After training
Mass FX 200g (around 130g carbs and 50g protein)
Orange Juice 200g (one glass) (for some more carbs along with small amounts of fructose for better uptake of carbs)

2h later
Mass FX 200g (in water of course, not in juice, bleh!)
Orange Juice 200g

Before Bedtime
Pasta 100g
Tomatoes 100g
Lowfat milk 200g (one glass)

Friday
Waking up
Pasta 150g
Tomatoes 100g
Lowfat milk 200g

2h later
Pasta 100g
Cheese 20g (mostly for the tastebuds
tounge.gif
)
Ketchup (yeah, also for the tastebuds)
Lowfat milk 200g

2h later
Pasta 150g
Tomatoes 100g
Lowfat milk 200g

2h later
Pasta 100g
Cheese 20g
Ketchup
Lowfat milk 200g

2h later
Pasta 100g
Tomatoes 100g
Lowfat milk 200g

2h later
Pasta 100g
Cheese 20g
Ketchup
Lowfat milk 200g

2h later
Pasta 100g
Tomatoes 100g
Lowfat milk 200g

Before Bedtime
Pasta 100g
Cheese 50g (to slow down uptake, ok... and because it tastes so good!)
Ketchup
Lowfat milk 200g

I know more complex carbs are recommended late in the day, but I think I react good to pasta.
No not much vegetables here hehe. Those I eat all the other days.
I guess I will be quite tired of pasta after this lol.

Don`t do fruit&veggies for the carb-load. Pasta, white-bread, bagels, dextrose drinks in the beginning, that`s where it`s at. Try to stay pretty much away from fructose, as it refills the liver preferentially, not what you want.

Week 4

Day 1

Squat
6*117½ kg
6*117½ kg
6*117½ kg
My god, this was a lot heavier than I thought. I´m not sure I can increase the weight to 130 on thursday.

Press Over Head
6*42½ kg
6*42½ kg

Standing Row
6*77 kg
6*77 kg
6*77 kg
My back felt good today

Calves in Legpress
6*270 kg
6*270 kg
6*270 kg
6*270 kg

Bench Press
6*90 kg
6*90 kg
6*90 kg
Felt as heavy as the squatting :-/

Dumbbell Curl
6*20 kg
6*20 kg
6*20 kg

I must say it felt nice to be back on maintenance, and I hope it will increase my strength as the week goes by so I can stick to the weight plan.

Okay, now that I have my lb to kg converter, I can make sense of this...lol!

I have to say, it looks like your plan extremely well thought out & precise, both on the diet front as well as the lifting front!

Thanks
smile.gif

I may do a lot of wishful thinking sometimes though, can be both positive (a challenge that will make me work harder) and negative (having unrealistic goals).

Squat
6*120 kg
6*120 kg
6*120 kg
I had to decrease the weight from 125 to 120 to prevent injury risk. I have to accept I am not as strong as I hoped to be.

Press Over Head
6*45 kg
6*45 kg
6*45 kg

Standing Row
6*80 kg
6*80 kg
6*80 kg
Went really well!

Calves
6*285 kg
6*285 kg
6*285 kg
6*285 kg
6*285 kg
6*285 kg
Easy today

Bench Press (with spotter)
4*95 kg (too heavy)
6*90 kg
5*90 kg (too heavy)

Dumbbell Curl
6*20 kg
6*20 kg
6*20 kg
Also easy, with very good form (for me)

Squat
6*120 kg
6*120 kg
6*120 kg
Stayed at 120 kg instead of going to 130. I have to realise my limitiations during a cut. But it sure was a good workout anyway, 120 was what I did the last tiem and this time it was much easier. Of course it was heavy but the last time it was near failure, which is a tad dangerous when squatting.

Press Over Head
6*47½ kg
6*47½ kg
3*47½ kg
Felt strong, but a lot of fatigue accumulated, therefore only 3 reps at last set.

Standing Row
6*85 kg
6*85 kg
6*85 kg
Went nice, me Sniggel, me strong back
biggrin.gif

Calves
6*300 kg
6*300 kg
6*300 kg
6*300 kg
6*300 kg
6*300 kg
I loved this calf session, aaah.

I skipped The bench press. I have some amount of joint pain so I didnt wanna push myself today. Better to rest

Dumbbell Curl
6*22½ kg
Only one set due to joint pain in my wrist. Nothing serious, it will go away.

Today I should have done 3s, but I didn´t. Instead I did the normal exercises plus some extra, like leg press after squat.
I also checked my 1RM Max in bench today and I lifted 120kg which is 5 kgs away from my PR. Thats f-ing good!
I am ending this HST-cycle now since I´ve decided to jump on Lyles UD2.0 on monday.
Tomorrow I will be drinking alcohol, but very not much probably, just a few beers. I havent been drinking any amounts more than 1 beer for almost a year.

The next week will probably be hell!
mad.gif

I have never tried UD2.0 before but from reading it, I know it will be very tough. Especially when it comes to discipline. I live with my father and he always buys candy and put it in a big jar, I will need to keep my fingers away from that jar
biggrin.gif
Zero tolerance against candy during this week (and for how long I will do it)

Reason I disrupted HST is because a date is coming closer. I want to look as lean as possible on that date so I really need to start the diet soon. And since I think UD2.0 is efficient I will do that instead of contining with 3s on HST while on calorie deficit.

UD2.0 started

For those curious. Today I will eat 4 meals

250g quark blended with fun light.
1 carrot (100g)
5g fish oil

Chickenbreast 200g
Green vegetables 100g

Lowfat milk 200g
Whey FX 40g
Avocado 100g

250g quark blended with fun light.
Orange 200g
Peanuts 20g

160g protein 640 kcal (50E%)
70g carbs 280 kcal (22E%)
40g fat 360 kcal (28E%)
1280 kcal

This is a typical diet day on UD2.0 and I basically just change the type of vegetable and the fat sources (like peanuts and avocado)

Training on monday and tuesday are glycogen depleting full body workouts. 15 reps and 6 sets on everything basically, short rest between sets (1 min).

I will take measurements and maybe pictures after workout today.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">250g quark blended with fun light.</div>

Okay, gotta ask what that is
laugh.gif

It´s made from milk, I think it is a byproduct from cheese, or something. It has 12% protein (casein basically) &lt;1% fat and basically no carbs, and its cheap where I live (about a dollar for 500g (60g protein)).
It can be used for cooking, its a bit sour, like sour milk but not so liquid.
Tastes good in food with rice (in fair amount), tastes not so good by itself and in large amounts lol. Can be used in baking.
Another good thing about it is that its good for controlling hunger.

Experience from yesterdays workout:

This was cruel! I was so exhausted all the time and felt like puking form time to time, as well as being hungry.
Today will be basically the same thing.

Did a full body workout 15 reps * 3 sets for each bodypart with 8 exercises. Then I did all the exercises one more time. 1 minute rest between sets.
Do I need to say I felt very weak?  
tounge.gif

After the workout I did 20 minutes of low intensity cardio.
Then I went home to my gf who just arrived from India. She has been away for almost 2 months! Was great to see her again!
Thats my excuse for not taking measurements hehe, I forgot about it.

Morning weight: 79,4 kg

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It´s made from milk, I think it is a byproduct from cheese, or something. It has 12%protein (casein basically) &lt;1% fat and basically no carbs, and its cheap where I live (about a dollar for 500g (60g protein)).
Tastes good in food with rice (in fair amount), tastes not so good by itself and in large amounts lol. Can be used in baking.
Another good thing about it is that its good for controlling hunger.</div>

Wow, sounds good....nothing like that over here, especially for 1$!

<div>
(Slapshotz @ Apr. 03 2007,10:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It´s made from milk, I think it is a byproduct from cheese, or something. It has 12%protein (casein basically) &lt;1% fat and basically no carbs, and its cheap where I live (about a dollar for 500g (60g protein)).
Another good thing about it is that its good for controlling hunger.</div>

Wow, sounds good....nothing like that over here, especially for 1$!</div>
Its very popular here in sweden for those who lift iron. D
We have another brand who makes quark too but they charge double for the same amount and call it &quot;kesella&quot; instead.
Most people here don´t know what quark is but they know &quot;kesella&quot;.

I repeated todays workout. Damn I feel sooo weak. And I did 30 secs low-intensity cardio afterwards (lol).
Luckily it´s rest day tomorrow.

<div>
(abarlament @ Apr. 03 2007,18:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Just make sure your depletion sets last about 45-60 seconds.  Reps aren't as important as TUT.</div>
Hmm, I didn´t count but they were fairly slow. Maybe 1 sec up, 1 sec down.

I have not cheated on the diet yet but it is very tempting, there is a pizza slice in the fridge, and there is lots of other good food here as well as lots of candy.
tounge.gif

My morning weight today: 79.0 kg

I might do some cardio today

Well, that's stiill way too fast for UD2.0 depletion workouts. Didn't you read the book? 45 second sets. The concentric is more important than the eccentric, try a 2 second concentric with a 1 second eccentric for 15 reps.

Abarlament: I must have forgot about that 45sec recommendation.
Morgoth: Yes I am very unaccustomed to this type of training so its very easy to get a burn for me. I hope I will get better at it so I can do 45 secs set without going under 40% of 1RM hehe. I know it´s recommended to be at 60%1RM but thats so f-ing impossible for me.
I mean 15 reps, 1 minute rest at a lowcarb/lowcal diet (and at 20 pounds lost), when I´m used to 6 reps, 2-3 minute rest at bulking  
wow.gif
I will get used to it I hope. In the meantime, I´ll try my best.

It´s ok, you can all call me a wuss now if you want  
biggrin.gif

Ok so today I am having my last workout before the carb load. It was a really psychological challenging day yesterday, I was feeling quite down and bored, and was of course extremely hungry.
This morning I weighed 78.5 kg so it seems like I have got rid of a good amount of glycogen (I weighed 80kg when I started), and some amount of fat I hope
biggrin.gif

But it could also be foodloss (from the stomache) since I eat less.
It will be interesting to see what I weigh after the carbload (and how I look).

Back