Spyke's 9x per week program

Spyke

After I finish the 15's I want to start a 9x per week program for some cutting. Now I know they usually say you can't build new muscle while loosing fat but I am gonna try to proove that wrong (since my bf is high it should be easier to do this in the beginning). I don't know my exact bf% but it has to be around 25%. I am 6'2 240 right now. Goal is around 20lbs of fat loss.

3K cal diet clean (I like to eat so I wanna burn the fat through workouts)

M W F
AM
bench
chins
mil press
seated curls
tri pushdowns

PM
dips
incline or decline bench
seated rows
front pulldowns

tu th sat
squats
calf raises
cable lunges
leg curls
leg extensions
weighted crunches
30 min cardio light

What do you think? How are my chances of actually gaining some muscle while loosing this fat? I will try to keep this as a log of my progress and maybe post some pics as I go.

Spyke

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Now I know they usually say you can't build new muscle while loosing fat but I am gonna try to proove that wrong (since my bf is high it should be easier to do this in the beginning).

According to Berardi it is possible, avoid carbs + fat or carbs alone meals, eat a mixture of (carbs + protein + minimal fat) and (protein + fat + minimal carbs) on a 3 by 3 basis, also according to him some of us could do better with one kind or the other so it is a matter of experimentation.

My suggestion for loss is to go into basic maintenance level until you are happy.

Regarding the program, I'd simplify things, seeing that you are going 2x/day, you may be over doing it slightly the way you are going. Also why squats on the day for isolations? That IMO is the only one out of place.

Cheers

Thanks Fausto,

I was trying to do a complete leg workout on 3 days, thats why squats are being done there. Where would you move it and what would you drop if anything?

I will try the 3 and 3 eating thing. Actually that will work perfect for me because on the 7th day I always like to eat a bit more and/or have a small treat so my body doesn't think it is going into starvation.

I like it a lot.. it reminds me of my current 8x/week program... but I would move the squats to AM/PM workouts... you are already doing curls and extensions on TRS.. and I bet you could gain some muscle.. some, not a lot though.

Back