Squats and Testosterone

precious_roy

I often hear that Squats are great testosterone enhancers/builders. Is this true? And why are not other compound exercises the same?
Also, I was reading this article about "Squats for Breakfast" a friend of mine had, discussing doing Squats in the morning before eating. I guess they do this in the military(?), in which they make you exercise in the morning before eating. Has anyone heard of scientific evidence for this?

Thanks.

it's not true. It's a myth that squats (or anything) will create any significant sustained hormone release.

Since I started deadlifting and squatting, I've had an increased level of testosterone, so it's not all rumors and lies..

Mainly recognised that I have to shave more often, my bodyhair is thicker, and I'm getting more moody, and sex-drive has also increased.

I've also grown bigger, so I guess these are negative side effects of that
tounge.gif

S.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Since I started deadlifting and squatting, I've had an increased level of testosterone, so it's not all rumors and lies..

Interesting...how do you figured this out? Just by feeling more horny? Sorry to disappoint you, it`s just the spring time
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stan @ Mar. 15 2005,6:45)]Since I started deadlifting and squatting, I've had an increased level of testosterone, so it's not all rumors and lies..
Mainly recognised that I have to shave more often, my bodyhair is thicker, and I'm getting more moody, and sex-drive has also increased.
I've also grown bigger, so I guess these are negative side effects of that
tounge.gif

S.
so, your assuming various things, but thinking they are caused by increases in one hormone?

sex drive, bodyhair and mood is far more multifactorial than 'testosterone' levels alone. The only way to know if it has gone up is by routine measurements alone.

Back