Squats or Deadlifts

Deadlifts, although I really hate them. Come to think of it, I hate squats too.
blush.gif

I agree. Deadlifts are better. Love to hate 'em and hate to love 'em.

I don't mind doing squats as much as DL's, though, when you put in a good set of deads it feels soooooo goooooood! :D

While we are on the subject of DL's: I'm a pretty tall guy (6'5") and I like doing DL's, but have trouble maintaining good form at the beginning of the movement. I'ts a looooong way down there and I feel as if I'm crunched up into a ball. My knees are all in my face, you get the idea.

I was thinking of using a power rack and have the bar sit up around 6-9 inches. I feel that would be more natural for a person of my size. Is this a good solution, or is it frowned upon?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chiefhog @ July 16 2005,9:42)]I was thinking of using a power rack and have the bar sit up around 6-9 inches. I feel that would be more natural for a person of my size. Is this a good solution, or is it frowned upon?
No problem using the power rack to raise the bar off the ground at all. Many people do this, even shorter guys who like to do partials.

I agree. I think the deadlift is king for overall strength and size. I credit a big deadlift with helping smaller lifts such as chins and bent rows.

Back