Starting HST next week, but got a problem

strepsilsex

I did have been doing starting strength and changed to a 5x5 program for around 2 years, and now im looking for hypertrophy rather than strength gains. Before, i would separate Shoulder press and Bench press on different days since they both work my triceps, which means if i done bench before doing shoulder press i wouldn't stimulate my shoulders as well as i wanted.

So my question is that should i still be doing shoulder press after bench press or should i just do isolation like lateral and front raises?

Thanks for you time :)

Last edited:
I did have been doing starting strength and changed to a 5x5 program for around 2 years, and now im looking for hypertrophy rather than strength gains. Before, i would separate Shoulder press and Bench press on different days since they both work my triceps, which means if i done bench before doing shoulder press i wouldn't stimulate my shoulders as well as i wanted.

So my question is that should i still be doing shoulder press after bench press or should i just do isolation like lateral and front raises?

Thanks for you time :)

its up to you but if you want to leave out shoulder presses,imo do incline bench which should hit front/side delts and do rear-laterals,or do dips instead of bench then shoulder presses.

Back